What Does Nfcs Stands For?

Baking By marygonz Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 9:42pm by malishka

marygonz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marygonz Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, I'm sorry for the ignorance but I can barely understand all the NFCS and MMF and everything
Could someone be so kind to explain it to me and if you can share the recipe I would really appreciate it
Is this cookie better than the sugar one, does it hold the shape better
Thank you for your help!!

7 replies
Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malishka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malishka Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 8

Hollycow Honeydukes. I am a complete newby to cookies. I decorate cakes and have never gotten into cookies before. Don't know the first thing about making them.
I have an order for 75 cookies for middle of February for a baby shower. She can afford to pay $100. After searching this site, i found this weaalth of info you have posted.
thank you, thank you, thank you!
I think $100 for 75 cookies is a bit too low. I told her i would let her know tomorrow if i'm willing to take her order.
you have summed up my research in one post. icon_smile.gif

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 8

malishka - Are you talking about royal icing decorated cookies? Have you done them before at all? I decided for a party awhile ago that I would "save time" and make cookies for a party instead of a cake. Yeah right! Save time! Those buggers took me absolutely forever! I do not envy you making 75 of them! icon_smile.gif I don't sell my goodies, but I wouldn't think that $100 would be worth the time. And by the way...your cakes are gorgeous!

KrissieCakes Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 8

Another by the way - if you guys want cookie inspiration here are a couple of CC members' cookies that you have to check out...

TracyLH - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-TracyLH.html

Bakinccc - http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-bakinccc.html

SweetDreamsAT- http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-SweetDreamsAT.html

There are plenty of others, but when I think of gorgeous cookies, these are the ones that I go to!!

malishka Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 9:31pm
post #6 of 8

thank you for the compliment KrissieCakes.
I told the girl that I would have to think about it. She knows i don't do cookies, but decided to give me the business before she went to anyone else. She has ordered cake from me before and knows my work. But as I look at the sugar cookies, looks too time consuming to me.
I royal iced a couple of butterflies for one of my cakes, and the fun wore off after my 3rd butterfly. it took me forever. I don't know if i want to put in so much time for $100 bucks.

KrissieCakes Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 9:37pm
post #7 of 8

I know exactly what you mean. I made just 2 batches of cookies for a Halloween party and it got old pretty quick. I don't think I have the patience for the minute detail involved in making really pretty cookies. They looked cute, but I definitely wouldn't call them pretty. icon_smile.gif The worst part was that it took me longer than a small cake would have and my kitchen was an absolute disaster from all of the different icing colors I used! Good luck if you decide to take the order!

malishka Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 9:42pm
post #8 of 8

I think i've already decided. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%