New Video: How To Make A Teapot Cake

Decorating By SeriousCakes Updated 15 Jan 2009 , 3:18am by bobwonderbuns

SeriousCakes Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 15

I was so nervous making this cake, it was for a contest, my first time entering a cake to be judged on decorations only. And I won first place!! Fortunately I had a friend there keeping me company while I caked, made me less nervous icon_smile.gif

14 replies
cas17 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 15

congratulations! thank you for all your great videos, they are such a big help to me.

cupcakemkr Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 15

Congrats on your win, that's great!
Love the flower design on the tp but couldn't view the rest of the video, it was just black after the 3 minute mark except for the blue screen twice that describes your techniques icon_cry.gif

SeriousCakes Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 15

Thank you! I think it's funny that I say 'You're going to have to trust me' then the screen goes black, that wasn't supposed to happen icon_lol.gif
I'm reconfiguring, hopefully I can fix it....

SeriousCakes Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 15

Ok, it's working now:
I had to delete the first one and repost the video icon_rolleyes.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:24pm
post #6 of 15

Awesome! Might I say I love the soundtracks you choose for your videos! (I'm Serenity0047 on YouTube)

SeriousCakes Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:51am
post #7 of 15

Thank you! lol-I love meeting a ccer I know from youtuve icon_biggrin.gif
And I love your avatar, ever since I watched Kung-fu Panda I go around saying, 'There is no charge for awesome-ness, or attractiveness' icon_lol.gif

DsLady614 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:30am
post #8 of 15

Gadzooks!! More things I have to try!

However, I've just discovered your chocolate buttercream. Are you sure there isn't crack in there? Seriously... chocolatey crack...that's what it is!!

SeriousCakes Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:36am
post #9 of 15

Shhhh, pipe down, that's supposed to be a secret!! icon_lol.gif Naw, you want something addicting, try it with the caramel sauce....that, my friend, is crack mwah ha ha ha! icon_lol.gif

DsLady614 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:39am
post #10 of 15

Seee... now I'm looking at the stained glass cake thinking, I really need to try that. But it would have to go somewhere else immediately!!

SeriousCakes Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:51am
post #11 of 15

lol-mine always do, I CANNOT keep it in the house, I content myself with eating a few bites of the scraps icon_smile.gif

DsLady614 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:54am
post #12 of 15

Ok... now I've watched the video. Wow! Great job! I may have to try that some day. I just need to get somewhere where I can get the right things to make candy clay. How hard is candy clay to work with?

SeriousCakes Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:01am
post #13 of 15

Well, I want to say a little like play-dough once you get it kneaded. It gets sticky after a little while, I have hot hands so I have to take breaks. It hardens pretty quickly but not rock hard, you can bite into it easily. So far I've used it for figurines, flowers, rolled thin for cut-outs, and various other items. I have trouble occasionally but I'm hard-headed, I MAKE it work whether it wants to or not icon_smile.gif

shanasweets Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:10am
post #14 of 15

my dtr said today that she wants a teapot for her birthday cake. thanks alot.

bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:18am
post #15 of 15

Oh my goodness, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I've been wanting to see a teapot cake demo for God only knows how long!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%