3-D Tiger Cake?

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 14 Jan 2009 , 3:36pm by imakecakes

CakeMommyTX Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 3

Ok so I'm having some cake-block right now and can't wrap my mind around this cake.
It's for my sons end of season basketball party (they are the Fighting Tigers)
I am going to use the wondermold for the body and the ball pan for of course the basketball but beyond that I am lost.
I really want the tail to stand up, should I use wire and rkt or gumpaste?
And will his head be to heavy if made from cake? And if I do use cake should I figure out a way to put a cardboard seperator plate between it and the body?
And one more, his paw, the one on the ball, how would I make this out of cake, or should I use rkt?
I'm worried I 'm going to end up with a huge rkt tiger and hardly any cake thumbsdown.gif
When I decided to do this cake I thought it would be a snap but looking at the drawing has me confused icon_cry.gif

2 replies
brincess_b Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 3

i think you could do most of it out of cake! i think i would go for RKT for the tail though, and that paw would probably be easier in RKT too.
i think the head should be cake! but yes, you propbably would need a bit of support inside it. (dont ask me what exactly though!)
the picture looks really cute! good luck icon_smile.gif
xx

imakecakes Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 3

I think I've seen the stand up teddybear pan used to make a tiger (Did I see it on the directions that came with the pan?) but then the ball would be out of proportion. If you do the tiger with that pan then maybe you could do the ball out of RKT if it needs to be smaller scale.

Does that help?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%