Cake, Syrup, Filling, And Icing Combo's That Go Together

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 14 Jan 2009 , 3:25pm by cylstrial

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 3

Hi there!

I was wondering if you would like to share your favorite cake flavor combo's. I just have a really hard time just sitting down and putting things together on paper. Once I bake something, I can tell if it tastes good.. but I have to get there first.

Here's an example of what I'm interested in finding out: yellow cake with lemon syrup, filled with lemon curd, covered in Italian meringue buttercream.

Thank you so much for sharing!!
Celeste

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 3

My recommendation is to check folks' web sites for different flavors & stuff. I mean they may show a list of fillings, a separate list of cake flavors then some splashes but that's where you can get some interesting ideas.

And keep your eyes open for when people say what kind of cake they made for that photo. White chocolate cake with bladeebladeebladeebla. That's where the combos become clearer.

I mean I use Grand Marnier and rum usually as my default splashes. And actually my three primary cake flavors are listed on my website which is overdue for some updating.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks K8memphis! I will start paying more attention to the things you've suggested!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%