Elisa Strauss-So Excited!

Decorating By SueW Updated 16 Jan 2009 , 2:23pm by ZAKIA6

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:23am
post #1 of 14

The excitement is starting to sink in. Tomorrow I am going to a cake decorating demonstration featuring Elisa Strauss from Confetti Cakes. It is 2 hours long and she is going to show how to make a present cake with the top open and tissue paper icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Do you think i will be allowed to take pictures of her? Would she sign my book icon_smile.gif I am so excited it just sank in tonight thumbs_up.gif

13 replies
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 3:28am
post #2 of 14

AAHHHH!!! Have Fun! I'm going to her shop for a class in April I think, maybe March. She's doing the monster critter from her kids book. she's also doing a class on the box but I thought the critter was cuter and who can afford more than one of her classes ?!? icon_cry.gif

ENJOY!!!!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 3:43am
post #3 of 14

Wish it was me!!! I would love to be goin to the demo.

yelle66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yelle66 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 3:49am
post #4 of 14

So, SO jealous!! She is my favorite! Have fun!

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:05am
post #5 of 14

Wow! Sounds very exciting! Where are the classes located and how much does she charge? I can dream can't I! icon_cool.gif

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:21am
post #6 of 14

Delete

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:22am
post #7 of 14

Hi cocobeen-

Visit American cake Decorating Magazine website. They have a list of Elisa Strauss classes. I think she has one April 18th in NY. Check it out. I live in New york. If I here of any of her classes I will PM you.

firehorse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firehorse Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:24am
post #8 of 14

Sooooooo jealous! Have a great time. If it were only one day later - sigh. Am coming to NYC for a class this weekend for work. I just took this up as a hobby this summer and imagine my surprise when my roommate casually mentioned that she knew a cake woman from NY who had been on the Food Network. Turns out she is very good friends with Elisa's husband and spent some time with them this summer in Europe! I could have died!

p.s. I would definitely bring your book for her to sign.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:25am
post #9 of 14

Have fun! I love her!

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 12:15am
post #10 of 14

OH am I jealous!!!! I would definitely bring a camera - all the instructors I've had have been very open to letting folks take pictures throughout the process...
Have fun and definitely post here and tell us how it was!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:08pm
post #11 of 14

She's doing a two-day class up here just east of Toronto too!!!! I am so excited! It's May 4-5, 2009 and here's the website with all the details...

www.flourconfections.ca

This year her school will be holding classes with some top-notch celebrity instructors like Elisa Strauss, Bronwen Weber, Jen Dontz & Toba Garrett. WOW! icon_eek.gif

debydll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debydll Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:24pm
post #12 of 14

icon_smile.gif Hi SueW!! I'm Deby ,from CC Spanish Forum, (so, pardon my english icon_redface.gif ) I truly Love Elisa Strauss and her desings. I hoe that you will have a very incredible time with her.
It´s ok to be really excited!!
Please, tell us how it was.I will expecting your post!!
Thank´s and have a very,very,very great day!! icon_smile.gif

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:46pm
post #13 of 14

She will also be at That Takes the Cake in Austin Feb 28, 29. I'm not entering the competition, but I will be there for the show and I'm signed up for Nicholas Lodge's class the following Monday and Tuesday. I am pumped!!

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:23pm
post #14 of 14

i've taken a class with her before.
we did a mini version of her sushi cake.
it was so much fun.
she is so nice and helpful - she gave alot of tips which applied to the cake we were making but also things we could apply to all cakes in general.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%