Please Help ... Usmc Logo Needed

Sugar Work By Ayanami Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 9:31pm by Molly2

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 8

I have seen ... somewhere icon_confused.gif ... a pic of a 3-D USMC (marines) logo. Maybe it was some sort of candy melt mold? I don't know the slightest thing about candy, but I was wanting to do some candies to go onto my FIL b-day cake this month. I know I'll probably have to order this thing online, so I hope I can find it soon enough. Also, any help or advice or tips would be greatly appreciated on making & working with candies.

TIA!

7 replies
Ayanami Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 8

FOUND IT! I want to pass along the website that I found the USMC logo on. They have several different styles, I ordered all 4 just to keep my options open. icon_rolleyes.gif Here's the website :

www.emarinepx.com

HTH anyone else with their Military cakes! icon_smile.gif

2508s42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2508s42 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 5:37am
post #3 of 8

I went to that site, and couldn't find any molds. What were you looking at?

I got my military logo molds (and they have all branches in three sizes) at FirstImpressions.com

I don't have them yet, but I did get my SUPER AWESOME gem mold from them.

Ayanami Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 8

Click on NOVELTIES on the left side menu, then click on CRAFTS.

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayanami

FOUND IT! I want to pass along the website that I found the USMC logo on. They have several different styles, I ordered all 4 just to keep my options open. icon_rolleyes.gif Here's the website :

www.emarinepx.com

HTH anyone else with their Military cakes! icon_smile.gif

Thank you so much for this link. My son is getting married in May, and his grooms cake will be a USMC(he is a former Marine). I had been looking for that mold. thumbs_up.gif

Ayanami Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 8

I first (unknowingly) made the molds out of white candy melts & then discovered that I could not airbrush them gold like I thought I was going to be able to do. icon_redface.gif I told you, I know nothing about candy & stuff! icon_rolleyes.gif Live & Learn! icon_redface.gif

So then I had to make them all again out of pressed gumpaste. They worked well enough that way. It was a real beast trying to press the gumpaste in enough to get all the detail in the molds.

here's the semi finished product. I didn't stack it till I got to the party location & added the rest of the (acutal) chocolates & candies that me & my SIL had made. Ill post pics of it stacked when I get copies.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1309503

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 9:30pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks Ayanami for sharing about your issues with using the candy melts verses the gumpaste...I have no doubt that you just saved me a lot of extra steps.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 9:31pm
post #8 of 8

I have made a Army Cake (its in my Pics) the trick to air brushing on white candy is you first paint it with a brush let it dry a day then air brush it, the paint sticks better it really wouldn't hurt it you paint it twice with the brush then air brushed it the I always add luster dust to it it come out great Look at my Army cake in my pics

Molly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%