Please Help Me With Suggestions...??

Decorating By Michelle104 Updated 14 Jan 2009 , 1:07am by Michelle104

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 5

A friend of mine is getting married for the 2nd time. She wants me to do her wedding cake, just a very small one, to serve around 20-25. She wants cream cheese frosting and white cake?? That doesn't really sound good to me. She said they're just plain and boring. Are there any sort of "white" dough flavors that will go well with the cream cheese frosting? Any ideas are definitely appreciated..... icon_lol.gif

4 replies
dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 5

You could do lemon flavored, or flavor with white chocolate or with a liqueur. Both the cake and the cream cheese frosting could be flavored. Check out this link for substitutions for WASC.

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/print?id=69630

Michelle104 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks dmich! I did actually think about the white chocolate. I'm just not sure how that would taste with CC frosting. That has such a distinctive flavor and she definitely doesn't want BC. CC just seems a little heavier to me so in my mind it only goes with certain flavors. Is it more like plain BC that you can just put pretty much any flavor with? Sorry about the thickness in my brain today... icon_redface.gif just can't seem to quit thinking about red velvet combo.

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 5

Michelle could you do a white velvet cake instead of red. I've never tried it but it seems to me the taste would be the same just don't add the red food coloring.

Michelle104 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:07am
post #5 of 5

OK! Different problem now! Talked to my friend today and she said it's not CC frosting that she wants, it's whipped icing! icon_eek.gif How do I do a wedding cake with whipped icing? I'm sure someone out there has done this and I need some pointers....PLEASE! Is there a way to smooth the icing well? Can you pipe with it?

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1297395.html

This is the style she wants except she wants it on square tiers...? Can I get clean corners with whipped icing? Thanks for any help! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%