Most Hated/sick Of Seeing/tired Of Making Cake Design

Decorating By kake4me2 Updated 16 Jan 2009 , 10:28pm by cake_o_rama

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 12:39am
post #31 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoleKitten

I hate kit cakes and cakes made in character pans and decorated with the star tip. Won't do either. Icky.

Okay I am showing my "newbieness" here, but what do you mean by kit cake?

kate6207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kate6207 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 12:46am
post #32 of 53

To be honest, I am kind of sick of seeing the Pregnant Belly baby shower cakes. It may just be me but I find them a little creepy especially when you have to go to serve them later.

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:01am
post #33 of 53

I did a baby shower cake that was my own design, and put the picture in my book in front at the bakery. I've made that cake at least 8 times now, and I'm tired of it! I'm glad that so many people like it, but I'm bored with it now and want to move on. Sometimes it's hard to explain to customers that our cakes are not like those at Sam's Club or some grocery stores where you choose a design out of a book and that's what you get. We can do anything! You don't have to limit yourself. I think some people just don't have any imagination and prefer picking cake number 22 out of the book.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:16am
post #34 of 53

A kit cake is one of those cakes you can get at the grocery store with the plastic parts that you just stick on the cake.. and I agree.. NO THANKS.

I don't mind topsy-turvy cakes if they are done well.. but SOOOOO many aren't. I don't think I am tired of doing any particular kind of cake. I don't care for old fashioned looking cakes with loads of buttercream accents and buttercream roses and stuff like that. I much prefer cleaner lines and less is more.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:40am
post #35 of 53

Buttercream roses? Never done one...don't wanna.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:57pm
post #36 of 53

Maybe it's time to expand the avatar?? I no makie sheet cakes or BC roses. I don't either. It's a monotony that I don't care for. Now, I could make GP roses all day (well maybe not ALL day) no problem, but BC roses... no thanks.

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 2:05pm
post #37 of 53

Riana those mini cakes are gorgeous, but I can see where you'd get tired of them!!! How much do you charge for them and are they just a cupcake base? I'm also really tired of the character cake pan cakes--I can't make myself star tip them any more either if one is ordered--I just pipe and swirl.....

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 2:15pm
post #38 of 53

If I have to do another Thomas the Tank Engine cake I might just have to squish his little face. icon_wink.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 2:23pm
post #39 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinscakes

I think some people just don't have any imagination and prefer picking cake number 22 out of the book.

That is sooo true. Years ago I did the custom cakes for a bakery, and had done about 10 dummy cakes showcased.. Customers would come in and order from those cakes... never anything else.. at most, they would sheepishly ask if they could get the roses in a different color maybe.. icon_eek.gif I was bored to tears... icon_cry.gif

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 2:30pm
post #40 of 53

I can't agree more I hate Plastic figures AH!! I cringe when peple ask for them.. I hate a plain square cake with borders and roses!!!! If someone asks I say Don't you want something nicer than a walmart look.

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 2:58pm
post #41 of 53

Ribbon on wedding cakes...the bulk of my brides want them. I am just soooo tired of doing them.

Michele01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele01 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 3:17pm
post #42 of 53

I am tired of seashell cakes too! I live near the beach so they see the ones on my website and only want those too. I try to tell them also that we can do a seashell cake other ways, but that is what they want. So..that is what they get. icon_smile.gif I think they are pretty, just want something different to spice up the creativity.

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:17pm
post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele01

I am tired of seashell cakes too! I live near the beach so they see the ones on my website and only want those too. I try to tell them also that we can do a seashell cake other ways, but that is what they want. So..that is what they get. icon_smile.gif I think they are pretty, just want something different to spice up the creativity.

I think it's a case of monkey see monkey do!! I think that happens alot if they see it it's locked in...they want it!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:50pm
post #44 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsheik

Quote:

I think it's a case of monkey see monkey do!! I think that happens alot if they see it it's locked in...they want it!!

It's like when they look at a cake and ask "how many will THAT one serve?" You tell them "200" and they look disappointed and say, "Oh.... I'm not having that many people." Well Good Golly, Miss Molly, all I have to do is use smaller pans! I guess they think they're ordering from the Sears catalog .... what you see is what you get and no deviations allowed. We gotta fix that thinking!! thumbs_up.gif (now if anyone figures out how, just be sure to let me know! icon_redface.gif )

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:10am
post #45 of 53

I don't know how to change that thinking, but I got a grin out of the reference to the Sears catalog!

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:15am
post #46 of 53

I'm tired of making presents.

Pitchers_Bakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pitchers_Bakery Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 6:03am
post #47 of 53

im tired of suitcase/briefcases for going away 3 already and one not uploaded here... im tired of making them, and i feel like im starting to slack on them a little because i hate them so much ahhhh ggggrrr

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 6:25am
post #48 of 53

The only thing I've repeated a few times is my scrollwork cake, but I don't mind because I've gotten to be so much faster at them.

I do sometimes sigh a bit and wish someone would ask for something really...modern...and I got my wish: I just booked a really cool aqua and brown version of The Cake Girls butterfly cake, only without the butterflies.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 7:05am
post #49 of 53

I just decorate cakes part-time, but I am tired of sheetcakes. I think my customers think they are easier to cut or something. They are afraid to try anything different. I'm also tired of plain ole yellow cake with buttercream.

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:41pm
post #50 of 53

Just think of it this way, if you are tired of making it, that means people like them & you are doing a great job thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:11pm
post #51 of 53

I am so jealous!!!!! I sometimes desire what most of what everyone is tired of. Except sheet cakes and fbct. Take a look at my pictures and then you'll see what I am talking about! Ha Ha Ha

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 2:17pm
post #52 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsheik

Quote:

It's like when they look at a cake and ask "how many will THAT one serve?" You tell them "200" and they look disappointed and say, "Oh.... I'm not having that many people." Well Good Golly, Miss Molly, all I have to do is use smaller pans! I guess they think they're ordering from the Sears catalog .... what you see is what you get and no deviations allowed. We gotta fix that thinking!! thumbs_up.gif (now if anyone figures out how, just be sure to let me know! icon_redface.gif )

I'm with you indydebi. I get that all the time myself. I have to explain that the cake can be down sized to make however many servings needed and even the shapes can be changed. I know they do not know anything about cake decorating, but even before I knew anything about it, I would ask if the serving amounts could be changed. Now days, a lot of things are optional and can be changed lol

For me, I'm sick of ribbons used as borders. It seems every cake I've done lately has had them.

cake_o_rama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_o_rama Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 10:28pm
post #53 of 53

That's funny...I sort of love ribbons as borders. I hate piping ball borders over and over. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%