American Idol '09 Thread

Lounge By michellenj Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 9:25pm by cakemomof3

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 9:06pm
post #61 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

FBI girl? Which one was she?

FBI girl was the only one in her group they did not put through, and she came back and argued with the judges and asked for another chance. Part of her argument was "But it's my husband's birthday." She had hair that was a little bit longer than shoulder length. Nothing gimmicky about her, nothing in particular that would make her stand out, but she was better than a couple of peeps they put through.

The Osmond kid is great!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 9:22pm
post #62 of 449

Man, I'm totally blanking...I remember the girl who mentioned her cousin's b'day, but not anyone mentioning a husband's.

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 9:31pm
post #63 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

The Osmond kid is great!

Hi Everyone,

I am now joining the thread.

Is the Osmond from the famous "Osmond" family? They said that he was from Utah.

The guy from PR was amazing!

michellenj Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 11:07pm
post #64 of 449

Yep, the Osmond kid is one of those Osmonds. Iam not sure how closely he's related to Donny and Marie.

I think you and I are both thinking about FBI girl, but I'm pretty sure she said it was her husband's bday. Anywhoooo, she's gone.

Is tonight the night they give a bunch of them the big chop?

michellenj Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 2:43am
post #65 of 449

WOW.

I am kind of shocked at some of the people who didn't make it through. Bikini girl, the Osmond boy, Rose the hippie chick.....who else?

What happened with "Norman Gentle"? I think I must have missed him, or maybe they didn't show him. He's the headband/shiny shirt guy.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:35am
post #66 of 449

He made it through, he was in a group where they sent the girls home and the guys on through, towards the beginning of the show.They didn't really show the guys sing just the girls really messing up. He ditched the head band and awful shirt.

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:47am
post #67 of 449

I have to say I was happy to see Bikini Girl go, personally I didn't think she could sing and was relying too much on her looks. What ever happened to the blind guy that made it through to Hollywood? Did I just miss him?

michellenj Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 1:09pm
post #68 of 449

Early in the show I saw the blind guy in a group, but if they showed him singing w/ the group I must have been Facebooking. icon_lol.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 1:34pm
post #69 of 449

I missed it last night. I'm so glad that Norman Gentle (I think that was his name) decided to get serious. But I could've stood up and cheered when the morning radio guy said this morning that bikini girl got the boot.

FlourPots Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:14pm
post #70 of 449

They didn't show the blind guy singing with his group...that was one of my complaints...I want to see him perform!

Thrilled bikini girl is gone!

The Osmond guy is Donny & Marie's nephew...his dad is their brother Alan. I wish he had been put through.

The rocker guy who wears eyeliner didn't sound that great to me, but they loved him...He was shrieking at the end of the song, I thought.

Where the heck was Joanna, the pretty girl with black hair who had a record deal a few years ago. They haven't showed her at all since the auditions.

Tatiana's laugh is like nails on a chalkboard!

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 4:15pm
post #71 of 449

I want in on this thread!

I was so glad to bikini brat to go, she was just a little too stuck on herself.

I wish they would have shown many more of the performers, I feel like we missed so many great ones, and didn't get to see why they let some of them go.

One of them i'm really wanting to watch is a girl i've known for several years, she's only 16, her and my 16 yrold son have been friends since grade school. They showed her audition and she made it through, and then we've seen her in several shots, but have not got to see her perform anymore icon_cry.gif She is very talented. Her name is Stevie Wright, she was named after Stevie Nicks. They did show her running out of the doors all excited, so we know she made it through, her and her parents can't tell anyone anything because they make them sign a confidentiality agreement. All 4 judges liked her at auditions. I just wish we could see more of her! They go to our church, and we are very excited for her.

I really like Danny...the guy who's wife died. His voice is so original.
I can't remember the others I liked..grrrr.
The Jazmine girl who was in the group with bikini brat is good too, my DD loves her.

Anyhow, just wanted to chime in icon_smile.gif

FlourPots Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:04pm
post #72 of 449

Wow, that's so cool, actually knowing a contestant.

I didn't remember her at first, but I found her photo and info and remembered her instantly...she was great!
Here's the link if anyone else isn't sure which girl she is: http://americanbuzz.net/stevie-wright-american-idol

I also really like Danny and Jazmine.

michellenj Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:12pm
post #73 of 449

I hate Tatiana.

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:16pm
post #74 of 449

I too was surprised that the Osmond boy didn't make it through to the next round.

I was also disappointed with the attitude of the girl in the last group...at least she did admit that it was her fault that she performed terribly at the end....i mean, even if the members of your group weren't up to scratch, it is not their fault that you forgot the words.

Idreamofcakes Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 8:34pm
post #75 of 449

I know what you mean Michelle. I'm not sure which was worse her laughing at auditions or her crying at group night...ugh!!
Talk about annoying!

michellenj Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 10:11pm
post #76 of 449

I wonder how long it will be before Tatiana has a total meltdown. She doesn't seem to be the type that handles stress very well. She definitely has to be the person in charge or in the spotlight. Can't wait to see what happens!

FlourPots Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 2:47am
post #77 of 449

David Osmond was on "Entertainment Tonight" with Donny this evening...he said he was cut from Hollywood week because he had really bad laryngitis and could barely sing.

He's going to be back on "E.T." tomorrow to sing live on their set.

Idreamofcakes Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 3:35am
post #78 of 449

OK hate to do this but...the top 36 have been leaked. If you want to know ahead of time you can Google it. I'm so anxious I couldn't wait, but won't ruin for anyone. I just googled American idol 2009 top 36 and it came up. There are actually a few websites with it I guess.
Now don't shoot me icon_wink.gif

michellenj Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 12:50pm
post #79 of 449

Yay! I'm off to google.

FlourPots Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 2:18pm
post #80 of 449

Damn, Tatiana is on the list icon_sad.gif .

Idreamofcakes Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 3:45pm
post #81 of 449

Flourpots that was one of my first thoughts!UGH!
On the other hand my sweetie Stevie is one it too!!! YAY!
She is genuinly a sweet girl and her parents are great people. Her dad actually plays guitar on the same band that my DH plays bass on. My DH has always loved to hear her sing.
I was also happy to see that Danny Gokey is still there!!

FlourPots Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 3:52pm
post #82 of 449

Glad to see Danny too, but his pal Jamar didn't make it! That's so sad.

Jorge from P.R. is there and so is Joanna, one of my faves.

Wait...Norman Gentle made it!!! This list has to be bogus!! LOL

michellenj Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 4:19pm
post #83 of 449

LOVE it! I think it's a great, hilarious group.

michellenj Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 7:39pm
post #84 of 449

Did anyone watch it last night? I did, and dh deleted it before I could go back and watch it again. Did "Norman Gentle" make it through again? What's his real name? Tatiana is really hanging in there. It was funny how she was completely flipping out when the judges were there to give the results. The blind guy didn't sound as good with music, IMO. Maybe it was the song choice.

FlourPots Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 8:06pm
post #85 of 449

Norman (real name Nick Mitchell) was in Room 4 w/ Tatiana, so he made it through. Speaking of...Tatiana...oh Tatiana...what can I say? She's still annoying, the way she keeps singing after the judges try to shut her up. Why was she given a last minute reprieve?

I wasn't shocked at all by the people in the room that didn't make it...I barely recognized any of them, they didn't show them performing much.

I agree, the blind guy (Scott) wasn't as great as he was initially.

I LOVE how Danny and Anne-Marie (dark straight hair, long dress) sang "I Hope You Dance".

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 12:02am
post #86 of 449

Why is Tatiana still there?!?! What an annoying chick! Maybe they're keeping her around to be this years Sanjaya?

FlourPots Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 12:13am
post #87 of 449

At least he was likable, LOL...after the judges narrow it down tonight then it's the public's turn to vote people out, right?

I can't imagine anyone wanting her to stay, she would have to blow the roof off the place with her voice to make it to the top 12.

michellenj Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:23am
post #88 of 449

I really felt bad for Jamar(?) when he was eliminated. The friend of the guy whose wife died. IMO I think he was better than some of the people who got through, but he handled it like a gentleman.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:56am
post #89 of 449

I truly believe that in the producers & judges minds Jamar is a contender as a winner but so is his friend. So since Jamar said he would definitely come back next year they decided to not have him go head to head with his friend. I think they believe that David will go all the way, and I think they believe that Jamar would too, so let him do it next year.

Idreamofcakes Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 6:00am
post #90 of 449

Oh I feel so bad for Danny and Jamar!!
I really like Ann Marie, she's beautiful too, maybe I should hate her icon_razz.gif
Yay the welder and the roughneck made it!!! I love it!! Hooray!
There are so many I like this year, and one I just can't stomach...Tatiana!!! UGH, her voice, it's worse the nails on a chalk board...i'd rather have a root canal then listen to her! Ok getting carried away! But..you know she's annoying!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%