American Idol '09 Thread

Lounge By michellenj Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 9:25pm by cakemomof3

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:17pm
post #391 of 449

I was really impressed with all 3! icon_eek.gif It's true all along what they have been saying about how all of them can really sing. I still believe that the final 2 will be Danny and Adam, although I loved chris singing heartless. Can't wait for tonight, I'm going to be on the edge of my seat. Adam is #1 for me icon_smile.gif

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:25pm
post #392 of 449

My display has gone weird, I can' find the edit button! Anyway, just read over the posts including my own and realized I have been calling Adam Danny over and over again. I have not gone insane, I guess I was more tired than I thought last night. On the edge of my seat now about tonight, it is going to be a close one.

Do you guys vote?? I am outside the US so I don't, just curious to see who does?

AmyGonzalez Posted 13 May 2009 , 1:33pm
post #393 of 449

Of course I vote, and so does my husband and so do all my friends! We are behind our Adam all the way! (Well I make my husband vote for adam. He likes Danny) icon_biggrin.gif Were even thinking of having an American Idol party for the final. Go Adam!

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:05pm
post #394 of 449

American Idol Party...GREAT IDEA! ADAM ADAM ADAM!!!! thumbs_up.gif

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 13 May 2009 , 3:13pm
post #395 of 449

I didn't care for Danny's first song, but the second one was much better.

I loved Adam's version of "One" except for the screeching at the end, I hated his Aerosmith song.

I liked Kris' "Heartless" alot, but I LOVED his first song, "Apologize" more...I know I'm in the minority...but I was diggin' it.

I tried voting once or twice season 1, but never got through and gave up, and never really bothered with it again.
Now, I almost always watch it after the allotted time is up anyway.

BakingGirl Posted 13 May 2009 , 3:23pm
post #396 of 449

If I was in the US and could vote I would be in the same situation as you FlourPots. I always DVR the show, it is on while I get my kids to bed. Much better to watch it on DVR anyway, can shoot past all the annoying commercials. I just have to make sure I don't come on here and see any commentary before I have watched it though - don't want the results spoiled.

AmyGonzalez Posted 14 May 2009 , 2:11am
post #397 of 449

Wow! I'm still stunned. icon_eek.gif I did not think kris would be in the final. He is great, but Danny was my choice. Ok now for the celebration!!!!!!!!! party.gif The party is on! Adam all the way to become the 2009 american idol!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gif

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 14 May 2009 , 2:20am
post #398 of 449

I wasn't going to say who won, but I am so glad it's my choice in the top 2. I really didn't like Danny at all. It's sort of bittersweet for me. I never want the people I like to actually win idol. The person that wins has to do a cd with AI producers choices. So, for example, if Adam wins, the first cd he does will not be what he wants to do, but more what the producers want to market him as. So I usually want my faves to come in second or third, that way they can gain exposure and still do their own thing when they are done. I don't remember where I read that, but I think it's a total shame that they are contractually obligated.

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 14 May 2009 , 2:42am
post #399 of 449

Pipedreams, good point. thumbs_up.gif If by some inexplicable upset, Kris wins, I won't be sad... Still it is very exciting! icon_smile.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:24am
post #400 of 449

At this point I believe several of the top 10 will have successful recording careers, considering Chris Daughtry as a good example of one who did not win but is doing great. Thanks to American Idol, Danny Gokey has a fanbase and so does Allison Iraheta, probably even Anoop Desai. I'd buy an album by any of them. No doubt others have recording companies interested in them, as well.

I'd like to imagine, because of the interest of Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony (which Ryan Seacrest mentioned on the show) that Jorge Nunez will be successful...who knows... maybe they might even hire him as a backup singer for a concert tour. I liked him.

I'm an optimist. I want everyone to be successful and happy.

FlourPots Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:46pm
post #401 of 449

I'm a little bit heartbroken icon_sad.gif ...I won't lie...I just finished watching it, so it's still fresh...I need time to deal icon_cry.gif ...I'm kidding LOL...I'll live, but I am sort of shocked.
Based on the entire season, Danny belongs in the finals, but based on Tuesday's show, I could understand how it ended up this way...that damn Paula sunk his chances with the stupid first song she chose!! and Kris was really great, you can't deny him that.

I just hope Danny pulls a Chris Daughtry and sells 5 million CD's after this is over. I think he has the most radio friendly voice of all 3 of them.

By the way, Jordan Sparks looked amazing...didn't love the song, but loved the new look.

BakingGirl Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:34pm
post #402 of 449

I am thrilled Kris made it to the final, I think he has really deserved it. I find the judges have been (unfairly) playing favourites the whole season. (And what was Katie Perry's cape all about - that was outrageous, I don't think that should be allowed personally.) Kris has just quietly worked away and the voting public has noticed. I still think Adam will win the final, he is such a showman. But when it comes to selling records it really would not surprise me if Kris and Danny sell more. I think Adam belongs more in show business rather than in pure music.

FlourPots Posted 14 May 2009 , 3:54pm
post #403 of 449

I agree about the cape...that should not have been allowed!!

If it were the finale and all the votes had been cast already, I wouldn't have minded so much.

blondie500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondie500 Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:14pm
post #404 of 449

I'm excited Kris made it. I've been listening to his "Heartless" performance on Youtube and it will probably be the first Idol song I buy from itunes when it comes out. I never got on the Gokey bandwagon. From the time I saw his first interview, something rubbed me wrong about him. While I think he has a nice tone to his voice, I just got bored with his performances. And that screeching!!! Ugh.

I thought it was interesting that Ryan said only 1 million votes (out of 88 million) separated 1st and 2nd place. They said Kris' name first, but I'm not sure that necessarily means he was first. Also, I read an article the other day that said they weren't writing Kris off because he's from Arkansas and Arkansanians (what would you call them?) have the BEST voting record of all the states. They really get behind their candidates apparently. And I guess that proved true in this instance.

Yay for Kris!!!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:55pm
post #405 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie500

I'm excited Kris made it. I've been listening to his "Heartless" performance on Youtube and it will probably be the first Idol song I buy from itunes when it comes out. I never got on the Gokey bandwagon. From the time I saw his first interview, something rubbed me wrong about him. While I think he has a nice tone to his voice, I just got bored with his performances. And that screeching!!! Ugh.

I thought it was interesting that Ryan said only 1 million votes (out of 88 million) separated 1st and 2nd place. They said Kris' name first, but I'm not sure that necessarily means he was first. Also, I read an article the other day that said they weren't writing Kris off because he's from Arkansas and Arkansanians (what would you call them?)have the BEST voting record of all the states. They really get behind their candidates apparently. And I guess that proved true in this instance.

Yay for Kris!!!

We call ourselves Arkansans (Are-Kan-Zuns)... thumbs_up.gif

blondie500 Posted 14 May 2009 , 5:59pm
post #406 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie500

I thought it was interesting that Ryan said only 1 million votes (out of 88 million) separated 1st and 2nd place. They said Kris' name first, but I'm not sure that necessarily means he was first. Also, I read an article the other day that said they weren't writing Kris off because he's from Arkansas and Arkansanians (what would you call them?)have the BEST voting record of all the states. They really get behind their candidates apparently. And I guess that proved true in this instance.

Yay for Kris!!!

We call ourselves Arkansans (Are-Kan-Zuns)... thumbs_up.gif

Aw, thanks. Couldn't figure out how to type that one.

pipe-dreams Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:15pm
post #407 of 449

Is it just me? I don not like Kara at all. She says things without thinking first..like the "I have six words for you" thing, and saying they should do early Aerosmith, when that song came out in the 70's and the one she suggested came out in the 90's. It's not just that, there's just something about her. I'm all for a change when it makes things better, but I don't think she contributed much this season.
Is it just me who thinks this??

blondie500 Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:22pm
post #408 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe-dreams

Is it just me? I don not like Kara at all. She says things without thinking first..like the "I have six words for you" thing, and saying they should do early Aerosmith, when that song came out in the 70's and the one she suggested came out in the 90's. It's not just that, there's just something about her. I'm all for a change when it makes things better, but I don't think she contributed much this season.
Is it just me who thinks this??

I don't particularly care for her either. She doesn't add much to the critiques, so really, what's the point?

Our local radio station were laughing at her comment to Kris, "You really needed to swing it out of the park", they were, "Uh, don't you mean "HIT it out of the park?"

Plus the critiquing takes too long now I think.

pipe-dreams Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:32pm
post #409 of 449

Swing it out of the park....

icon_confused.gif
That's too funny!

FlourPots Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:41pm
post #410 of 449

She adds nothing to the show...her presence ruined the whole flow for me (although I didn't mind her at all at the auditions).

Some of her comments are just stupid...I remember her telling one of the girl contestants during the top 36 portion, that they (the judges) needed to know who she was, like what kinds of things she shopped for...something ridiculous like that.

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 15 May 2009 , 4:47am
post #411 of 449

Was sad to see Danny go, and surprised to see Kris make it this far...but am so glad Adam made it to the finals..sure hope he wins...

Not sure how I feel about Kara, I like her, though I wonder what her point in being on the show is???

BakingGirl Posted 15 May 2009 , 4:58am
post #412 of 449

I have a theory about Kara, and why she is on the show. I am guessing the producers of the show last year must clearly have been a bit worried about Paula being off her face on something, being erratic and just plain weird at times. So I am guessing they drafted in Kara as a possible Paula replacement in case Paula went off the deep end. But now with Paula coming clean about her pill addiction and having managed to kick the habit (which is obvious from the lack of cookiness this season) I am sure they will get rid of Kara. I think it is too much having 4 judges, it just takes too long for all of them to say their thing. I think she is OK, but Paula wins!

frosting111 Posted 15 May 2009 , 5:07am
post #413 of 449

I agree I like Paula too, and your right Kara must have been Paulas back up unit just in case she did go off the deep end...I do know that Kara was only signed up for a one season contract with AI, she said if she is offered to come back she will cause she loves doing the show..so we may see her again IF she is offered another chance to be on...

Simon is still in limbo if he is going to stay or not, I hope he stays on, he really adds the spice to the show...I love hearing all the other judges opinions but cant wait to hear what Simon comes up with!

frosting111 Posted 15 May 2009 , 5:09am
post #414 of 449

WOW I'm loving the new upgrades on here, I havent been on in almost three weeks and I like what they done with the place while I was gone!

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 18 May 2009 , 3:44am
post #415 of 449

I voted 200 times for ADAM last week.... Adam is the total package.. thumbs_up.gif He is NOT the mediocre of the group. All the rest of them struggles like crazy. They are only good on certain songs. Adam can sing anything and sound great everytime and is never boring... "Boy next door" image do not work in Hollywood. No one will "buy" humble. thumbsdown.gif Can't make money out of humble. thumbsdown.gif

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 18 May 2009 , 3:47am
post #416 of 449

KARA needs to shut up and pack up !! she is "extra", they should get rid of her.. Paula needs to be sober once in a while. thumbs_up.gif

frosting111 Posted 19 May 2009 , 8:19pm
post #417 of 449

I watched a special about Paula, she was in a plane crash a while back and suffered severe head injury's, that's part of the reason she takes medications...The surgery also damaged her vocal cords, she was down for over two years because of it...so AI is kinda her come back so to say..She means well...

Kara just tries to hard, she wants to be liked, and tries real hard to judge fairly...she means well too.

FlourPots Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:27pm
post #418 of 449

So what did you all think??

I want Kris to win...
I do think Adam has a better voice, I just can't stand what he does with it...I hate the screeching...certain parts are sooo high that it becomes unpleasant to listen to.

Almost as bad as that is listening to Paula & Kara...God, I hope only one returns next season.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:31pm
post #419 of 449

I want Kris to win also. However, I will be surprised if he does. I personally don't care much for Adam. Not that he can't sing, just don't like the kind of music that he's known for.

BakingGirl Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:55pm
post #420 of 449

Here's another Kris fan. Don't get me wrong, I think Adam is amazing but out of the two it is Kris' music I would be much more likely to listen to. His version of Ain't no Sunshine is the only Idol download I have ever wanted to buy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%