How Do I Make These Flowers?

Decorating By Kate714 Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 1:20am by Kate714

Kate714 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:16am
post #1 of 10

I'm wondering what tip to use and what to do?!! I have PM'd her but I am impatient - any thoughts?? icon_cool.gif

9 replies
cakesdelight Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:33am
post #2 of 10

Kate, (i'm NO expert here and trying to do this by looking into a small picture) the tip looks like it could be 105 with tip 103 on top... and it looks like she used a darker color on bottom and just a tad lighter for top of flower...I'm curious as to how she did it to, I love the freehand writing she did, it's beautiful. When she sends you instructions would you be so kind to share? my email addy: [email protected] TIA!

kakeladi Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:40am
post #3 of 10

Ooohhhh those are simple. Just pipe shells with a nice, fat round tip. Like maybe a 5 or 7. On some apply more pressure; for the smaller layer on top, apply less pressure.

PatricesPieces Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:43am
post #4 of 10

It actually looks like tip 12 and 8 to me. Just keep your bag straight up and down rather than holding it at an angle. Just start by making the tip of the petal then dragging the bag into the center. Sort of like making a teardrop. Just lighten up on the pressure as you move to the center. I hope that makes sense.

Kate714 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:43am
post #5 of 10

is that really all there is to it?? icon_surprised.gif

ILE Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:44am
post #6 of 10

it looks like she used buttercrean with a round tip #10 or 12

-K8memphis Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:47am
post #7 of 10

I mean there's lots of way to do this. I'm with Cakesdelight. It can be done with a large rose tube and a smaller one. Roses go into 124 size and up too so it's probably one of those and then a smaller one on top.

But you just squosh out a blob--you're holding your bag just about straight up & down and make wagon spokes--So you squosch out a blob and pull the tip toward the middle (of the wagon wheel a bit)

And your cake would be on the turntable and you turn the cake to accomodate the piping.

I mean you can make a daisy this way too just plop a grass tip center in the middle.

Hey two for the price of one--sucha deal!

edited to say--But looking at the actual piping those were probably done with a round tube like everybody said. But you can do it with rose tubes.

And you can pat them down a bit to smooth them.

icer101 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:56am
post #8 of 10

kakeladi, is right.... roland winbeckler does flowers like this.... tip 5-7, i make them like this with 3-5 round tip.. this is just my opinion

BCJean Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 1:00am
post #9 of 10

yep, those are no fail flowers. When I am decorating, if I have a round tip on the bag, I use that. If I happen to have a rose tip, it works too. Just remember to drag it down the center to get that crease, let it build up some on the outer edge and bring it clear down in the center so it ends up flat on the cake. As for the size of the round tip, you can use almost any size...if the tip is small like a #5 just squeeze a little harder, if the tip is a #10 you hardly have to apply any pressure at all.

Kate714 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 1:20am
post #10 of 10

thanks, guys...these just look so perfect I'm sure I'm screw it up, even though it sounds simple! I stink at flowers but these are adorable, I must give them a try....

Quote by @%username% on %date%