In The Night Garden Cake For A 1 Year Old Girl

Decorating By catin Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 3:46am by __Jamie__

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 4

I really in help in decieding how I will exicute this one . The lady wants a 11x15 cake with the lovable characters (which willl be made out of Fondant ) on top . But I am wondering how I could fit them all on the cake without it looking like a jumbled mess .

I have seen a few of them in the gallery but the cakes are all round stacked cakes ...so you would imagine why i'm a little confussed .

The cake is due at the end of the month ..

Julie icon_smile.gif

3 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 4

I have never seen that show, but I just googled it....that would be a hot mess if you tried to cram all of those characters onto a sheet cake! In my opinion, the only way that would cool is on stacked tiers. Be it round, or square.

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 1:10am
post #3 of 4

I totally agree with you...but If I go or suggested that she take stacked ...what size would I go with to fufill her order to feed 60 ppl .

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 3:46am
post #4 of 4

I did a cake recently to feed 50...it was a 6" on top of a 10"...and having 2 inches to play with on the edges would help to stand the little characters on. Maybe make a little 4" cake to go on top to get a few more servings? You know how they say, not everyone will eat a piece....you could count on that factor, I guess!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%