I Need Some Prayers

Lounge By Tita9499 Updated 22 Jan 2009 , 9:01pm by barbaranoel

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 26

Hey Family,

I've kind of been going back and forth on whether or not to post this, because I don't like asking for things, but I been feeling a need to have a lot of prayer go up in regards to my situation.

I can't speak to my family about it because I'm not very close to them. I can't talk to my mom about it because she has MS and she's a worrier so it makes her MS flare. My DH is trying to be my rock, but the other day he told me he was really concerned. Next to God, you all are all I have.

Three years ago, after I had my babies, I was diagnosed with Graves disease (I got hyperthyroidism), I was put on medication and my thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) returned to normal so I was able to get off the meds.

A few months ago I started having a hard time physically. I didn't have any energy at all, my hair started falling out and I was losing quite a lot of weight so I went to my doctor and she ordered some tests to be done. My TSH level was .18, the low end of a normal TSH is .34. So that kind of perked my ears up a little. Then my DH (who works in this hospital) told me a nuclear medicine scan was ordered to see what was going on with my thyroid, what is making him nervouse (he said) is that it usually takes a minimum of 3 months, but when the nuc med doc saw my levels he ordered the scan to be done ASAP.

I've been on a low/no iodine diet for 2 days now and tomorrow I have the 1st part of the iodine uptake scan to do. I complete the whole process on Wednesday. Basically the scan consists of me ingesting or being injected with some radioactive iodine, waiting for my thyroid or any functioning tumor to soak it up and from there (depending on how much it soaks up) they'll know if I have cancer or if it's just my hyperthyroidism that's returned.

I'm just feeling...like, blah. I know there are people with worse situations to face, but this is what I have to face. I just need you all to pray for me that everything goes well and I get a positive report- IF that's God's will.
OH! And pray I stay on this Godforsaken diet, because I've almost slipped a few times...I CAN'T EAT DAIRY OR CHOCOLATE!!

25 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 26

I'll certainly send up a prayer on your behalf. Hope it all turns out ok.

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:35am
post #3 of 26

Prayers sent your way!

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:47am
post #4 of 26

Tita- I hope all goes well, I wish the best for you. My thoughts are with you and your family, that everything comes out ok!

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:57am
post #5 of 26

i will definitely keep you in my prayers!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:57am
post #6 of 26

Any kinda medical stuff is scary though. Praying for yah, Cake-Buddy.
Hope all is well soon.

Tita9499 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 1:14am
post #7 of 26

Thanks everybody.

k8memphis: you're so right. I don't like to say I'm scared, but the unknown is just a pain in the...neck (no pun intended)

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 1:25am
post #8 of 26

The worrying is always the worst part. Whatever it is-you can handle it. Be strong, and your CC fam is here for you.

Prayers sent your way.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 1:36am
post #9 of 26

Hi Tita,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling yucky! icon_sad.gif Thyroid troubles are rampant in my family. My dad had it, 1 of my brothers, 2 of my sisters (1 had Graves), and I have an underactive thyroid for which I take medication.

My 1 sister just had to go through the nuclear medicine thing. They found that she had a growth on her thyroid gland that was completely throwing her system off. Like you, she was exhausted all the time and her hair was falling out. She took the nuclear medicine on.....I believe the 15th of December and on the 27th she went back for another scan and the growth and thyroid gland were successfully destroyed. I spoke to her this past Saturday and she is feeling 100% better, her energy level is up and her hair has stopped falling. They did start her on a different medication now that her thryoid gland has been destroyed and she'll have to be on that for probably the rest of her life.

My other sister that had Graves disease, took the nuclear medicine about 3 yrs ago. (both of them are older than you I believe, 59 and 62), she also had good luck with the nuclear pill and is feeling great now.

Please try not to worry too much, this is more common than you'd think. If you do have to take the nuclear pill or injection, the one thing you need to do is to not have touching contact with anyone for the first 24 hrs. They both said they slept in their guest room that first night and didn't go near their husbands.

You definitely have my prayers.
Deb

Tita9499 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 2:54am
post #10 of 26

Thanks for the info Deb, it does comfort me. I just turned 30 and my family's medical history reads like a nightmare, but I KNOW God is good and faithful, I just want to trust Him through all of this and not doubt.

Tita9499 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:48pm
post #11 of 26

Here's an update:

I had my appointment for my uptake scan on Tuesday and Wednesday. The Nuclear Medicine doc explained to me that I have Graves' disease but it's still in its infancy. He also found a small nodule on my thyroid gland. He said that my Graves' is so mild that I could actually opt to do nothing at all about it. He did refer me to an Endocrinologist because of how lethargic I've been, but other than that. I'm good!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. God is good!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 9:57pm
post #12 of 26

Tita that sounds like great news, you know what you're dealing with and why you're feeling so crummy.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
God Bless!
Deb

Tita9499 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 11:48pm
post #13 of 26

Thanks again Deb.

Your guidance and advice really helped easy some of my anxiety. God bless you!

dailey Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 12:55am
post #14 of 26

that is *awesome* news : ) i've been praying for you everyday!!!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 3:48am
post #15 of 26

I'm glad everything turned out ok (well for the most part) I know your not 100% but that's better news than what it could be.

Tita9499 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 5:16am
post #16 of 26

Thank you Dailey and Mkolmar. I really appreciate your prayers for me.
Mkolmar, it is way better news than what it could be and I'm grateful that it's something that is controlable!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 5:28am
post #17 of 26

I felt so bad when I first read your post. I'm glad I scrolled down to read the positive results. They thyroid is a very serious thing.

I have a really messed up thyroid right now that is causing some issues. I've been dealing with a low thyroid (but yet I'm thin--so I don't fit the typical low thyroid mold) for the last 4 years. It's amazing how one single thing, like the thyroid, can cause so many different issues for different people.

Tita9499 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:12pm
post #18 of 26

I know!
I said the same thing to my doctor about it. He told me that at my age (I hate that phrase). I really don't need my thyroid anymore. He's like, "At 30, and at 5'8" I don't think you need to grow anymore" so he said I could stand to get rid of it. I would have to be on hormone replacements for the rest of my life, but hey!
I'm praying for you as well. This stuff can make you feel like the world is passing you by because you become so exhausted. I feel for you because he said that being hypo (as opposed to hyper- which is me) makes you REALLY lethargic, so I can't imagine what that must feel like.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:25am
post #19 of 26

Tita ... I am so glad to hear that you got good news after your scan. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer (after having my thyroid and a tumor removed) just a couple months ago (I am 32 years old), and just this past week found out that it has spread to many lymph nodes in my neck and possibly to my lungs. I am having surgery in two weeks to remove all of the cancerous lymph nodes, and then we will deal with the lung issues. I just wanted to tell you that I know where you are coming from with thyroid issues and hassles, and I am so glad that the doctors seem to be figuring out what is going on with you. I hope that the endocrinologist will be able to get you on a good dose of synthroid soon, and hopefully you will be feeling lots better soon. Thinking of you ...

Tita9499 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:43pm
post #20 of 26

Thank you Jess for letting me know that I have been blessed. I apologize for being so insensitive (and I know you weren't insinuating that by your message).

This thread should no longer be about me, but instead I want it to be about prayers and encouragement for you.
I mean, you're going through all of this, but yet you still take time to send me good thoughts and encouragement. It really humbles me to know that. Thank you for thinking of me.

Now I want to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm going to pray for God to work a miracle in your body and that all forms of cancer are removed. I'm going to pray for your strength and positivity (because I know uncertainty can be rough). I pray that if you ever need someone to cry on, lean on or scream with that you would know I'm here for you. Sure I don't know you, but I still would like to be there. God bless you Jess! You are more than a conqueror in this!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:18am
post #21 of 26

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really didn't mean to turn this thread around to focus on me ... I just wanted to let you know that I understand and can relate to your thyroid issues and am so thankful that you got some good news. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, though. I really appreciate them! icon_smile.gif

Tita9499 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:33am
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbyjess

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really didn't mean to turn this thread around to focus on me ... I just wanted to let you know that I understand and can relate to your thyroid issues and am so thankful that you got some good news. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, though. I really appreciate them! icon_smile.gif

I know, I know. But it should be about you now. I received the news from the doctor. Things are moving forward so this thread, with regards to me, could actually be closed.

I think it's only right that now we should be lifting you up in prayer for amzing healing and strength for you.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:50am
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

Here's an update:

I had my appointment for my uptake scan on Tuesday and Wednesday. The Nuclear Medicine doc explained to me that I have Graves' disease but it's still in its infancy. He also found a small nodule on my thyroid gland. He said that my Graves' is so mild that I could actually opt to do nothing at all about it. He did refer me to an Endocrinologist because of how lethargic I've been, but other than that. I'm good!

This are super, amazing news, I am so happy because you are fine!! God Bless you and I will keep praying for you and your family.

dailey Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 3:46pm
post #24 of 26

just wanted to say that i will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers jess... : )

Tita9499 Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 5:09pm
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankyola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

Here's an update:

This are super, amazing news, I am so happy because you are fine!! God Bless you and I will keep praying for you and your family.

Gracias amiga.

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 9:01pm
post #26 of 26

I am so happy for you that it wasn't as bad as you were first thinking.
Good Luck with Everything!!

Barb

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%