Cccc #9 Cookies And Cream Cupcakes

Baking By nickshalfpint Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 11:17pm by Adrian12

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 3:11am
post #31 of 124

i changed the oreos a few times too. My absolute favs were mint and also the strawberry. Well, the banana was scrumptious too!!

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:30am
post #32 of 124

Jess, since you were so AWESOME to share your candy cane cuppy recipe with me, the least I can do is tell you how to post a pic!!
I dont know if this is the *right* way to do it, but it works for me! I upload everything to photobucket.com. To post in the thread, you copy the "direct link" code under your picture on photobucket. Then, when you post your reply (not in quick reply) you click on the "img" button then paste your link, then click "img" again. Your picture should show up when you're submit icon_biggrin.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:37am
post #33 of 124

An easier way to do it is just copy the IMG code (it starts with IMG) then paste it on your reply and the pic will show up. icon_smile.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 3:29pm
post #34 of 124

If you want to post a pic in a thread, just click the 'add an attachment' button right above the 'submit' button when you're replying. Then click browse, find the file on your computer, and click 'add attachment'. If you have any trouble with it, let me know, I can get more specific and include some pics if you need!

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:17pm
post #35 of 124

Does anyone know? Can you still find the peanut butter Oreos?

Melvira Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:32pm
post #36 of 124

Not around here you can't. They took them off the shelves weeks ago. icon_cry.gif I am SO mad!! Of all the flavors that should be permanent... PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!!! SHEESH PEOPLE!!!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 5:32pm
post #37 of 124

Yes I can as of last week still get the peanut butter ones.

Melvira Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 6:05pm
post #38 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Yes I can as of last week still get the peanut butter ones.

#14 on the top 50 reasons I'm going to drive to your house and slap you!!! Of course I'm kidding. But I will drive to your house and go shopping with you for Oreos. And whatever else. And go out for lunch. And have some fun. Hey... this is sounding like a good plan!

fiddlesticks Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 6:25pm
post #39 of 124

icon_lol.gif Is that a joke Mel ??? icon_confused.gif
Im a sorry # 14 Come on !!!! icon_surprised.gif
So when I go to the store I should by a few extra bags of the peanut butter Oeos just in case they are limited ! icon_razz.gif
Oh and a few cans of those Honey Mustard pringles to!
I will think of you when I start my pig out ! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 7:46pm
post #40 of 124

I just bought peanut butter, mint and fudge oreos. I'm gonna make the cuppies right now. I think I'm gonna do the bettercream frosting. I want my DH to take them to work and it's 85° outside (in freaking January icon_mad.gif ), I don't think the whipped cream ones will make it on the drive to his work icon_sad.gif .

GrandmaG Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 9:27pm
post #41 of 124

OMG! It's 8° here! I would like some of that warm stuff. Send it this way!
I'm making the Peanut Butter Oreo CC's now. I could just eat the batter! Heavenly! Batter seems really thick without water or milk so I'm curous how they will come out. It sounds like some of you have made them with success though.
Last pack of PB Oreos so hopefully I can find more. I'll buy a bunch and freeze them. I never thought of that Fiddlesticks! Good advice.

fiddlesticks Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 9:32pm
post #42 of 124

I woke up to 3 inches of snow this morning and its been snowing all day . I want some 85 weather to ! Its been friggid here all week with freezing rain now snow on top of it YIKES !!!
I hope to make my cupcakes this weekend, ummm wonder what flavor I will end up with ???

Melvira Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 9:38pm
post #43 of 124

Hey, I got some honey mustard pringles! YUMMY!!!! But they aren't selling the PB Oreos. I've got my eyes peeled. My hubs is NUTS for them. As am I, of course.

nickshalfpint Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 9:39pm
post #44 of 124

I want snow!!! I've lived in California all my life and I still hate the fact that it can be 90° in the winter. I want to move!!!!!!!

GrandmaG Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 9:42pm
post #45 of 124

I have to say I don't mind the cold weather as long as we don't get ice. I love the seasons. DH and I are trying to plan a get away somewhere warm. Any suggestions? He wants to cruise. I want to just go to a beach and do nothing. Probably March for our Anniversary.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:26pm
post #46 of 124

I can't wait to try the recipe! Thanks for sharing!! And do you have the book "Cupcakes! from the Cake Mix Doctor"? If so, do you like it and suggest it as a good book to purchase?

Thanks again!!

Melvira Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 10:48pm
post #47 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshalfpint

I want snow!!! I've lived in California all my life and I still hate the fact that it can be 90° in the winter. I want to move!!!!!!!

Well, let's see... we are snowed in today, my husband is working from home by connecting to his VPN with his work laptop. We can hardly open the back door, so let's hope we don't need to get out! It's around -30 degrees with the windchill, but fortunately we haven't lost power yet. So... hmmmmm... how do I say this... GET OVER YOUR WHINING ABOUT 90 DEGREES IN WINTER!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahah! Sorry, had to go there. I will GLADLY send you some of our nasty weather. One week here and you'd be hightailing it back to Cali in desperation!

nickshalfpint Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 12:17am
post #48 of 124

[quote="Melvira"]

Quote:

One week here and you'd be hightailing it back to Cali in desperation!

My husband tells me that all the time. When he went to boot camp ( chicago in december) it was really cold and he wore board shorts, flip flops and a sweatshirt (because they told him to dress warm) icon_lol.gif I was FREEEZING last week and it was 55°. I guess maybe I want to icon_biggrin.gifvisit the snow

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 12:31am
post #49 of 124

Man, Im freezing and it's like 50 degrees outside! Im a southern girl through and through. I'll take my Houston "winter" any day over snow!

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 12:38am
post #50 of 124

Have any of yall made a cookies n cream cake using "cookies n cream" pudding mix in either the cake mix or frosting? I was at walmart today starring at all the pudding options and thought that it may be good in a white cake mix for cookies n cream CC icon_smile.gif

Also.. our local Wal Mart carries the peanut butter, chocolate, and mint oreos year round... so maybe your Wal Mart carries them! icon_smile.gif

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 12:49am
post #51 of 124

Cylstrial: I actually just got the book as a gift, from a co-worker, for the holidays. ( I think they just want me to bake more ! ! ! LOL)

I have made a few of the recipes so far and I was pleased with all of them.

I am starting a blog soon, and thats the book im going to start with.

The first recipe I made was Rocky Road cc's with milk choc rocky road frosting. My coworkers said it was their new fav cc. I thought it was good, and with a few changes it could have been amazing!!

The pineapple upside down cc's were great too and the triple butterscoth were fabulous.

I will post the pics as soon as I find the cord that lets me upload the pics on my digital camera to my computer.

And, as soon as I get a minute to start blogging, ill share my blog info and hopefully someone can find a new recipe to enjoy.

HTH

Jess

GrandmaG Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:59am
post #52 of 124

Well, I really loved this recipe! I used the PB Oreos. DH just about melted when he ate one so it's a big hit!
I love the versatility of being able to use all the different flavors of Oreos. I also made a batch of frosting using Bettercreme and PB syrup. thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:11am
post #53 of 124
Quote:

I guess maybe I want to icon_biggrin.gifvisit the snow

Honey, I think you want to see pictures of it and that should do it for ya!!
LL

nickshalfpint Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:19am
post #54 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:

I guess maybe I want to icon_biggrin.gifvisit the snow

Honey, I think you want to see pictures of it and that should do it for ya!!

Yep, that picture did me good icon_lol.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:03pm
post #55 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessDesserts

Cylstrial: I actually just got the book as a gift, from a co-worker, for the holidays. ( I think they just want me to bake more ! ! ! LOL)

I have made a few of the recipes so far and I was pleased with all of them.

I am starting a blog soon, and thats the book im going to start with.

The first recipe I made was Rocky Road cc's with milk choc rocky road frosting. My coworkers said it was their new fav cc. I thought it was good, and with a few changes it could have been amazing!!

The pineapple upside down cc's were great too and the triple butterscoth were fabulous.

I will post the pics as soon as I find the cord that lets me upload the pics on my digital camera to my computer.

And, as soon as I get a minute to start blogging, ill share my blog info and hopefully someone can find a new recipe to enjoy.

HTH

Jess

Thank you so much your input! It sounds like I need to get the book! =o)

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:31pm
post #56 of 124

Does anyone know how well this frosting holds up? Can you let it set for a couple of days, or will it start to break down? Do these need to be kept in the fridge? I know that usually, the sugar works as a preservative for the cream, but this doesn't have much in it.

GrandmaG Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:37pm
post #57 of 124

I would think you would have to refrigerate with the whipped cream. Or at least keep them pretty cool. If you use Bettercreme instead then you don't have to refrigerate!

Melvira Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:32pm
post #58 of 124

GrandmaG has the same idea I was going to suggest... use Bettercreme and you won't have it breaking down and you won't need to fridge it!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:39pm
post #59 of 124

I already bought the cream, and we aren't big fans of bettercreme here. DH says it tastes like Wal Mart cake with it! Ducking, so I don't get hit with a cupcake pan!

Melvira Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:07pm
post #60 of 124

Jen, I'm so sorry your husband is so obviously intelligence impaired! JUST KIDDING!!! Seriously, it's not everyone's cup of tea. We can't ALL like the same thing... there wouldn't be enough to go around! You can stabilize your whipped cream, that might help. Are you familiar with how to do that, or do you need info???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%