Cccc #9 Cookies And Cream Cupcakes

Baking By nickshalfpint Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 11:17pm by Adrian12

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 3:40pm
post #91 of 124

I agree but Im sure the cupcakes will be good in any flavor ! Waiting to make them in p.b will be safe and also something to look foward to. he he!
I have a great oreo,s cookies n cream cake filling I use often so Im sure the cuppies are awesome to in even the original flavor!!

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 3:52pm
post #92 of 124

I'm listening to Fox news right now and they are telling people to dump everything made with peanut butter. Cookies, cereal, crackers etc. I guess I'll take the cookies back. I'm not dumping $20. worth of cookies!

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 4:21pm
post #93 of 124

Yes I would then take them back for sure! You can always rebuy them later on !

GrandmaG Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 4:25pm
post #94 of 124

Ya, the problem is the Walmarts here said they are seasonal and they won't be ordering any more in. Oh well, not the end of the world; as my Mom would say. icon_smile.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 4:50pm
post #95 of 124

Oh Im sorry ! Well better safe then sorry though!
Wont be doing to much baking if you get sick from the p.b.!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:39am
post #96 of 124

I made these today, and they were delicious. One of the ladies here tonight ate two of them. I htought they were better warm than cold, but the icing was really good. Whe nthe cupcakes were warm, the oreo on the bottom was softer than this evening after they had cooled. They were still delicious though!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:51pm
post #97 of 124

Ok, if anyone else wants to pm me with their #'s go ahead. I'm thinking I'll go untill tomorrow morning. Is that ok with everyone?

GrandmaG Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 3:46pm
post #98 of 124

Sure, sounds great! I wonder if we would get more response if you started a new thread to pick the number?

fiddlesticks Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 10:31pm
post #99 of 124

I finally got to make my cupcakes today ! Yahoo!
Heres the link if any one wants to take a peak !
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1303360&done=1

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:01pm
post #100 of 124

Hey, I went to WalMart last night and they DO have the PB Oreos all of a sudden! Of course, now I'm afraid to buy them!!

GrandmaG Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:03pm
post #101 of 124

DH wants me to take all of mine back icon_sad.gif but I think I'll hang on to them until they know more. The news said that for now to not eat anything made with PB!

fiddlesticks Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 11:05pm
post #102 of 124

Hey my walmart had a ton of them ( pb oreos) Guess everyone is scared to buy them. I thought better of it also!

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 2:28am
post #103 of 124

Hey cuppy buddies. My news say don't buy anything with peanut butter so please be careful ladies. icon_biggrin.gif

lilacc01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilacc01 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 11:02pm
post #104 of 124

Of course now my favorite Reese's PB hearts are out for Valentine's day!

I am going to make these with oreo sunflowers and ladybugs on top like in Hello Cupcake!!!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 11:14pm
post #105 of 124

DONT buy ANYTHING with peanut butter. Both my mom & daughter are sick from the damn stuff. It's been a very rough last few weeks, worse when we actually found out that was the real cause. Damn peanut butter crackers...luckily for once I didnt eat any. My mom ate more then my daughter, and she's a lot worse off, but it really sucks!

Melvira Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 12:06am
post #106 of 124

Oh no Chass, that is awful!! Are they ok? I mean, other than being sick, we're not talking long term damage are we?? That stinks!! Well, I'm staying away from those Oreos... it's not worth it.

nickshalfpint Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:21am
post #107 of 124

We have the winner of CCCC#10 party.gif It is (drum roll please).......................................Adrian12. She will be posting the new thread tomorrow.

Chassidy, I hope your mom and daughter get better. My aunt had salmonella and it's no joke. It's like having the flu times 20. You guys will be in my thought and prayers.

chassidyg Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 12:38pm
post #108 of 124

yup, it is like the flu, its why we waited to take my daughter to the dr....she goes back on Thursday, as well as my mom. At this point, I'm not sure what they can really do. They had me change my daughters diet, hoping to stop the d word, but it hasnt helped.

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 1:57pm
post #109 of 124

Chassidy,

Your mom and daughter are in my prayers and I hope everyone gets to feeling alot better. icon_biggrin.gif

GrandmaG Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:07pm
post #110 of 124

Chass, that is terrible! It makes me mad that the local news really isn't talking about how many people are getting sick from this. I called Keebler yesterday and gave them the code form the PB Oreos I bought and they said they were not on the recall list and that they were safe. I'm still afraid to eat them after Chass's ordeal.

chassidyg Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:06pm
post #111 of 124

if it makes u feel better grandma, I bought 3 bags of pb oreos in december, and covered them in chocolate, and im not sick, ive had a stomach cramps for a couple of weeks, but I truly think its the stress of everything else, because I havent had the rest of the "flu" like stuff they have had. I was at wal-mart exchanging a dvd this morning and they had 3 and a half carts of pb stuff people are bringing back, they said they are telling customers not to buy anything with peanut butter. I started talking with the manager, since he was at the counter, which shocked me, and because it's where i bought the stuff that they got sick off of. He says Peter Pan pb, Jif pb, and the peanut butter in Hershey's candy is fine, they all make their own stuff.

I had some private label pb from hy-vee that I pitched out because hy-vee recalled all their stuff, as did wal-mart bakery.

GrandmaG Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:18pm
post #112 of 124

That's good Chass because I also bought 2 bottles of the Reeses PB syrup and it's made by Hersheys. That was going to be my next question!

Melvira Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:38pm
post #113 of 124

Thank goodness the PB syrup is safe, I have orders for that coming up and would hate to have to make them choose something else. You know how you are with kids... when they're sweet about it, you want to give them the moon!

Anyone who bought anything, don't just chuck it out, take it back, even with no receipt you are entitled to a replacement that is deemed safe, or your money back!! I know if it's just one little thing it seems like a lot of hassle, but trust me, it's worth it. Situations similar to this are what make companies pay attention to their QC standards! If this costs them 14 million dollars, believe me, they're not likely to let it happen again! Plus, in this economy, we need all we can get, right?

nickshalfpint Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:47pm
post #114 of 124

I was a little worried because I used a whole bag of pb oreos for the cuppies and then my family ate the whole other bag of pb oreos. Luckily they are fine. None of the stores by my house took the pb oreos off the shelf, but they took almost all of the other pb stuff off.

GrandmaG Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 4:53pm
post #115 of 124

I'm just at a loss as to what to do about my PB Oreos. I think they are fine but this is serious stuff! People get horribly sick and some times long term affects from salmonella. I think I am going to return mine just for peace of mind! Like Mel said we have to let them know how we feel. I'm not so sure that they are taking everything off the shelves that they need to! People are still getting sick.

Melvira Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:18pm
post #116 of 124

Grandma, call the company and have them tell you whether they are safe or not. That's the best bet I think! There is a number on the back I think!

GrandmaG Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 5:32pm
post #117 of 124

I did and they said they were fine but I was talking to DH and I don't think I would actually use them because I just couldn't enjoy baking with them not knowing 100%. They reason I say that is because there are still items on the shelves that are making people sick!

Melvira Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 6:04pm
post #118 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaG

I did and they said they were fine but I was talking to DH and I don't think I would actually use them because I just couldn't enjoy baking with them not knowing 100%. They reason I say that is because there are still items on the shelves that are making people sick!

I understand... fear has a way of taking the fun out of things, doesn't it? icon_rolleyes.gif

nickshalfpint Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 6:33pm
post #119 of 124

Kraft, Nabisco and Planters do not use Peanut Corp of America (PCA). PCA is the company that was the cause of the salmonella outbreak. If you call the # on the back of the cookies it gives you a message. I also talked with a rep for Kraft and she said the same thing. She told me to go to http://www.fda.gov/ and there is more info there. So the Oreos are good. Thank God, cause my family LOVES those!

Melvira Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 7:03pm
post #120 of 124

Ummmmmmmmmmm... I need to run to WalMart really quick. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%