So Frustrating!

Decorating By aswartzw Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 3:05am by lanibird

aswartzw Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 9

Just needed to vent. I ordered the SPS system last week and just got it today. I was so excited except when I looked at my columns they weren't scored! They had to be pieced together. I can't use columns with the cake I was making! Well, I contacted the company about it and the woman insisted the description of the product on the website was correct so I would have to pay for all S&H to return the merchandise I didn't want and pay to get what I did want.

I couldn't believe it! I told the woman that the description said the item was scored and these aren't scored! They're pieced together! Totally not the same thing! But she said nothing was wrong with it since that's what the wholesaler called it! She then told me I had no idea how to run a business since I worked from home (how dare she guess at what I do for a living!!) Anyway, she hung up on me.

I then called Bakery Crafts and the woman said they call them Multi-piece columns but because the columns can be scored (I really don't see how--but oh, well) then technically she can get away with it.

It's just so frustrating that some people can be so mean and inconsiderate! I will keep my merchandise from them and order what I do need from them but never again!

8 replies
karateka Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 9

I'm so sorry that happened to you.

WOnder where you bought those?

pinklesley1 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 9

that comment on you not knowing was totally out of line... incredible

smbegg Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 10:55pm
post #4 of 9

I would call back and ask to speak to a manager. With the comments that that lady made, you may be able to get them returned and new ones shipped for free!

Stephanie

aswartzw Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 11:08pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks guys! I would love to say who it was but won't dare flame them. I know I had a horrible experience with them but I won't try and ruin them because of one person. I spoke with somebody else from them later who was much nicer and will contact me again tomorrow since all the managers were gone for the day.

They seem to be the only ones I can order the scored ones from, so I decided to go ahead and get 1 pkg. of what I needed (instead of 2) and return the others. I decided supporting the postal service isn't the same as the business so I feel slightly justified by still getting $$ back from the business.

You would think they would sell the item as it is listed on the package instead of making up there own name for it. icon_sad.gif

At least Bakery Craft seems genuinely concerned about the matter even though I doubt there's much they can really do.

__Jamie__ Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 11:30pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswartzw

Thanks guys! I would love to say who it was but won't dare flame them.

That will keep this thread from turning nasty...thank you! I think I know who you are referring to though, I just got some stuff from the same place (possibly), and they put a big sticker with their name over the manufacturer's sticker...whatever. Maybe it is just for their own inventory control. Oh well. icon_smile.gif

kelleym Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:16am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by karateka

I'm so sorry that happened to you.

WOnder where you bought those?

Yeah, wonder where that could have been? icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_wink.gif

aswartzw Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 2:33am
post #8 of 9

Oh, hint, hint, it was amazingly not from *****craft. I wouldn't dare order from there.

lanibird Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 3:05am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswartzw

Oh, hint, hint, it was amazingly not from *****craft. I wouldn't dare order from there.

icon_eek.gif
Didn't see that one coming. Saw your original post, and was pretty much sure it was The-Place-That-Must-Not-Be-Named!

icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%