Please Show Me Pics Of Cakes You Brushed With Color Asap...

Decorating By cakelady11215 Updated 12 Jan 2009 , 8:58pm by kimkait

cakelady11215 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady11215 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 8

i am making a cake for my uncle's 75th bday and want it to be purple. i was going to order satin ice but the shipping is expensive! i'm sure some of you have painted a cake a certain color with luster dust mixed w/vodka? a dark color? how did it come out? i think i will go that route, but if i could see some pics today i will know for sure whether i should suck it up and pay for shipping or not... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

7 replies
pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 8

why dont you dye the white fondant... if you are making your own fondant that is easy if not, then you can just add it to the premade stuff...

if not airbrush...

if you look through my gallery... find the britto cake, that was all brushed on

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 8

you could make MMF and add purple coloring to it.....I am not sure if you like to work with MMF but that is just one quick solution I have for ya! I haven't painted my cakes...yet! I would like an airbrush!!! I hope you can figure out what to do!! Good luck!!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 8

I think I would knead the color into my fondant also. I guess it depends on the look you want.

pinklesley1 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:48pm
post #5 of 8

why dont you dye the white fondant... if you are making your own fondant that is easy if not, then you can just add it to the premade stuff...

if not airbrush...

if you look through my gallery... find the britto cake, that was all brushed on

pinklesley1 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:49pm
post #6 of 8

sorry about that... dont know why it posted twice...

cakelady11215 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady11215 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:52pm
post #7 of 8

sorry, i should have said earlier...i would make/dye it myself but i tried it once before attempting dark blue and i couldn't get it dark enough. the only way i think is to buy it premade or airbrush (but i don't have one!!) icon_sad.gif

kimkait Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkait Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 8:58pm
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%