Question About Indybebi's Bc

Decorating By gerripje Updated 14 Jan 2009 , 1:13am by SeptBabyMom

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 13

I made Indybebi's BC recipe for the first time today and first of all OMG is it ever delicious!!! I didn't have clear vanilla so I just poured in a little regular vanilla, almond, butter and lemon icon_wink.gif. The texture is really nice so far, but I have some air bubbles, If I let it sit for awhile on the counter and then kinda smoosh it with a spatula will that get rid of the bubbles? Or maybe didn't I mix long enough or maybe too long?! I am glad I finally tried, I know this is going to be a favourite, I haven't had Dream Whip in years, it brings back memories! Thanx thumbs_up.gif

12 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 13

Mixing it on too high of a speed will cause air bubbles. Also if you fill your bowl above the beater with icing you won't have air bubbles. You can probably work most of the bubbles out but it will take awhile.

gerripje Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 13

Maybe I did have it too high, next time I will make a double batch or make another one now and mix them together. Thanx for the help, I appreciate the time everyone takes to answer questions!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 8:39pm
post #4 of 13

Use a wire whip and stir it well in a figure 8 motion.

gerripje Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 13

The wire whip worked! It's so smooth and lovely, I'm so excited to put it on a cake now!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 11:54pm
post #6 of 13

I didn't state it just right. What I meant was to stir it *by hand* w/a wire whisk. Just wanted to make that clear so anyone else reading this would understand Glad it worked out for you icon_smile.gif

gerripje Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:57am
post #7 of 13

Thank you so much, I was getting really frustrated with BC, this recipe is just perfect for me! I love it!

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 1:04am
post #8 of 13

Oh, kakeladi, where were you ages ago when I needed this tip for the air in my icing?? Oh well, I guess you can't answer if I don't ask, right?

Good tip, have to remember for next time.

Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 1:14am
post #9 of 13

I use Indydebi's recipe all the time and love it. I get it all mixed well, then I just let my mixer keep mixing it for about 8 minutes, then it comes out silky smooth.

SeptBabyMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeptBabyMom Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 4:37pm
post #10 of 13

Does anyone have a recipe for this buttercream? I'm in search for a better buttercream recipe than I have been using. Thanks!

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 11:15pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptBabyMom

Does anyone have a recipe for this buttercream? I'm in search for a better buttercream recipe than I have been using. Thanks!

have you tried searching the recipe section of the site? I think most all recipe's can be found there. Just search for indybebi's buttercream.

gerripje Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:02am
post #12 of 13

I just love this stuff! So smooth and easy to work with! Thank you for the help and suggestions

SeptBabyMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeptBabyMom Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 1:13am
post #13 of 13

Thanks I found it. I searched earlier but must have done something wrong... I can't wait to try this! I'm so bored with the buttercream I make... I have always loved dreamwhip so this sounds like a winner!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%