Oh My Gosh!

Decorating By Newatdecorating Updated 12 Jan 2009 , 6:40pm by ThreeDGirlie

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 4

Do you ever have one of those days where it seems like it is just not your day to bake? Every once in a while, I do, and today was one of them!

I wanted to bake some cookies for some bouquets that I'm wanting to do. I kept having a problem getting the sticks inserted correctly and ended up with two batches that were duds! Then I let one batch bake too long! icon_sad.gif

I actually don't consider the duds as a total lose. I go ahead and decorate them for my kids.

Oh, well! Better luck next time!

3 replies
gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 4

I have, I'm not all that good even on a good day, but I sure think sometimes it's just not gonna happen for me....then I hand the spatula over to my 8 year old DD! She's got more creativity and artistic ability in her pinky than I have all over!

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 4

I have this same problem everytime bake cookies!I guess I think I should have as much time to wait as if I were baking a cake,or one of my kids seems to have a crisis that has to have my immediate attention,which is never as drastic as they make it seem,anyway I usually limit my cookie baking and only do it during the holidays so I just figure I need more practice and say ugh and go on with my day.Hope you have a great one! icon_biggrin.gif

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 4

Oh, I've had those days...

On the cookies that didn't get the sticks inserted correctly: do the cookies still look OK? If so, then why not just attach the sicks with white chocolate or RI?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%