Wasc Questions

Decorating By dmich Updated 12 Jan 2009 , 11:41pm by kakeladi

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 7

I'm so excited to FINALLY be trying the WASC recipe today. I just have a couple of questions for all of you CCers:

1) To make WASC into a lemon-flavored cake, would you use 1 tsp of lemon extract in place of the 1 tsp almond extract (so you'd have 1 tsp lemon & 1 tsp vanilla) or would you do 2 tsp lemon and no vanilla?

2) To make WASC into a yellow cake, would you substitute yellow cake mix and then use 6 whole eggs, rather than 8 egg whites?

Thanks so much!

6 replies
Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 7

1.) Lemon flavored- *I* would personally not use any vanilla at all in it; just all lemon extract in place of the vanilla/almond. I would also start with a lemon flavored cake mix.....(maybe you were already doing that?)

2.)Yellow- I still only use the egg whites when I use this recipe, no matter the flavor, but if you wanted to use the whole eggs, then yes, go ahead and use six. I would still use vanilla extract but not almond.

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 7

Callyssa, thank you so much for your answers.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 8:06pm
post #4 of 7

You don't have to make such a big batch of cake to try the WASC I have posted many times. Only 4 whole eggs would be needed.
Use a lemon mix & lemon extract. You can do it either way - 1/2 lemon & 1/2 vanilla or all lemon OR even add 1 teaspoon lemon to the almond, vanilla, butter mix.

Iva1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iva1976 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 7

For the lemon cake, can I add some lemon zest?

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 8:31pm
post #6 of 7
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 11:41pm
post #7 of 7

Yes, zest can be added to a cake mix.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%