Please Help!

Decorating By Jeannie21 Updated 12 Jan 2009 , 6:28pm by whittyella

Jeannie21 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 6

I am about to make a cake but im confused about one thing. In the recipe it says to put the batter into two 8 inch pans. But I really would like to use my 6" and 10" rounds that are 3 inches deep. Would I have to make more batter or is it enough for my deep pans? Please help! I want to make this special for my husband! TIA!

5 replies
tiggy2 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 6

If the recipe is for 2 8" pans 2" deep it won't be enough for 1 ea 6" and 1 ea 10" 3" deep.

kakeladi Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 6

I really think you will need 2+ recipes for the pans you want to use.
The 10x3 pan will hold the batter equal to 3 cakes mixes alone.

You can get a feel for how much batter you need if you fill the pans w/water & measure it.
The average cake mix yields about 4-5 cups of batter.

Jeannie21 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 6

ok ill do the water thing- i never thought of that lol! icon_redface.gif Thank you soooo much!

Price Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 5:39pm
post #5 of 6

Kakeladi --- Good advice about the water! I never thought of that! I am always learning on this site! Such a simple solution, but it never entered my simple mind! icon_lol.gif

whittyella Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 6

wow, I never would of thought about putting water in a pan. Lol, but I have a question can you double cake mix batter or will it make the cake your making too dense. See when I went to bake a cake the other day, I had a huge problem. I didnt know if i could double the batter, so i ended up with alot of cake batter left over and didnt know what to do with all lol. Thank you soo much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%