Need Help W/idea For "after Performance" Play Part

Decorating By kathik Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 2:38am by kathik

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 6

My daughter's 8th grade class is putting on a play and I volunteered to make a cake for the party they will have a week later when the girls see a video of the performance. The play is based on this story:

Fleeing Cossack marauders, a Rabbi and his young daughter are separated in a forest. The child, unconscious and burning with fever, is rescued by the king of Poland himself. This is the beginning of Esther's life as companion to the king's daughter. Legends arise about the Jewish girl in the royal palace who remains devoted to the faith of her people, just like Queen Esther of old.

Anyway, I don't want to make a cake that is too childish since they are all 13-14 year old girls. Is a castle cake too childish? Another possibility is based on a scene when the girl is at the royal table and only eats vegetables because she keeps kosher, so I thought I could maybe do a takeoff on the Thanksgiving table cake. I guess I could also do the forest with the king finding the girl.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really want to do a bang up job for my daughter.

Thanks,
Kathi

5 replies
kathik Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone?? No opinions......on CC??? icon_wink.gif Can you at least tell me if 13-14 is too old for a castle cake?

Kathi

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 6

No, 13-14 yo's will like a castle cake. I have kids in that age range and they are just in awe of anything that isn't a sheet cake/round w/bc roses icon_smile.gif

wandapoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wandapoo Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 6

So true! Adults are the same way! LOL! Plus, we're talking about GIRLS here, too...I'm sure they will love it. You could even tie it to the play by writing a quote from the play somewhere on the castle.

morgnscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgnscakes Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 12:49am
post #5 of 6

I agree. Girls, whether young or old, love castles!!! Just look at all the fairy tale weddings there are! LOL. I agree that you can tie in the play with a quote from the play. The idea here would be to make sure the castle just doesn't look to kiddish. There are so many kinds of castles that you can pull it off! You can also use the colors from the play outfits and incorporate that into the castle theme colors. Good luck!

kathik Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 2:38am
post #6 of 6

There's a scene in the play where the castle is on fire and the girl climbs out the window and down a tree. Do you think that would be too hard to do?

Kathi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%