Help... Best Icing For This...

Decorating By maimai16 Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 3:54am by maimai16

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 5:54am
post #1 of 6

hi everyone =)

my SIL birthday is on saturday. well, i am assigned to bring the cake. she loves cheese and i found a recipe from peotraco for cheese cupcake. i'm planning to bake it in a 8' round pan. what icing can you recommend for this kind of cake?

here's the recipe:
1. cream 1/2 butter and gradually alternating with 1/2 cup caster sugar, 3 eggs.
2. then add the following:
1 can condensed milk
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp iodized salt
1 cup grated cheese
1/4 tsp orange/vanilla extract
3. place in 3 oz grilled paper cups
4. bake for 35 mins or until done at pre-heated oven at 325 deg F

5 replies
maimai16 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 6

anyone?

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 6

i've never heard of eating any kind of cake with actually cheese in it, maybe cream cheese, but not cheese. i wonder if it actually taste good. lol sorry. i cant imagine what kind of frosting to use, but i will give you a BUMP

maimai16 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 6

here's the link that inspired me to try the recipe... i'll try to replicate the cake for saturday...

http://aprilcakes.multiply.com/photos/album/32/cheese_chiffon_cake

Jeaucl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeaucl Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 6:04pm
post #5 of 6

I don't have any ideas as what frosting to use, but I for one am intrigued but the idea. I will have to make it sometime just to see what it tastes like. I would just use buttercream, or maybe even a cream cheese frosting, but then again, I haven't any idea what shredded cheese in a cake would taste like, hmmmmm.

maimai16 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 3:54am
post #6 of 6

Jeaucl, try it sometime... it is quite popular here in our country... maybe i'll settle with buttercream as final icing and white chocolate ganache as filling then finish it with gratede cheese... i'll update you guys... i'm going to bake it tomorrow =) wish me luck...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%