Perfect Icing For This, Help Please =)

Baking By maimai16 Updated 26 Jan 2009 , 11:00am by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 5:40am
post #1 of 11

hi everyone =)

my SIL birthday is on saturday. well, i am assigned to bring the cake. she loves cheese and i found a recipe from peotraco for cheese cupcake. i'm planning to bake it in a 8' round pan. what icing can you recommend for this kind of cake?

here's the recipe:
1. cream 1/2 butter and gradually alternating with 1/2 cup caster sugar, 3 eggs.
2. then add the following:
1 can condensed milk
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp iodized salt
1 cup grated cheese
1/4 tsp orange/vanilla extract
3. place in 3 oz grilled paper cups
4. bake for 35 mins or until done at pre-heated oven at 325 deg F

10 replies
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 6:00am
post #2 of 11

I didn't know there was such a thing as a cake made with cheese! I bet that would be good with a cream cheese icing.

maimai16 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 11

mmm... amia, if i'll use cream cheese icing, is it still ok to finish it with shredded cheese or it will be too cheese-y? =)[/img]
LL

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 4:55pm
post #4 of 11

Hmm...I don't know...!!!! If she loves cheese, then it can never be too cheesy, right? icon_lol.gif The cream cheese bc recipe on here is good and it doesn't taste too much like cream cheese. I don't think that would be too cheesy, but again, I've never had this cake!

If you're worried, maybe you could decorate it another way. Or just do minimal cheese decorating on the outside. Maybe pipe a msg on the top, put a little cheese around that and put a little bit around the bottom border or something...? icon_smile.gif

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 11

IMBC is great on anything. But, I too think that the cream cheese frosting would be good.
Cathy

DaCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaCakeDiva Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 11

What kind of cheese is it in the cake? If it's cheddar I would use mild white cheddar and chocolate. the sweet and salty contrast is heavenlee. I am so going to try this.

maimai16 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 3:48am
post #7 of 11

HeavenLeeCakes i'm goiong to use cheddar cheese... maybe i'll use white chocolate ganache as filling then coat it with vanilla buttercream and finish it with grated cheese =) i think this will be yummy... what you think?

sparklepopz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklepopz Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 4:51pm
post #8 of 11

Please post a review of how your cake turned out! I have never thought of putting cheddar cheese on a cake but I am intrigued. icon_smile.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 1:29am
post #9 of 11

maimai!!!!! that cake sounds fabulous!

yeah we have delicious cheese cupcakes here in the Philippines. I love them because they're dense and very cheese-y. I cannot wait for your review!

maimai16 Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 4:16am
post #10 of 11

sorry guys for late report... for pinoy out there, this will be a big hit... it was like a big mamon topped with butter-y cheese... used vanilla buttercream then sprinkled / covered it with grated cheese... yummy =) my mother in law loved it =)

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 11:00am
post #11 of 11

thanks for the review maimai. i will try it. i love cheese!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%