Juicers

Lounge By dldbrou Updated 15 Jan 2009 , 2:07am by Monkess

dldbrou Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 5:10am
post #1 of 7

I have been watching the infomercials on juicers and would love to have one, but do not know if it will wind up taking space on my counter after a month because it will be too much trouble to clean or too expensive to buy fruits and veggies for it.

Do you own one, and if so which one, and is it noisy?

I know how good it is for you, but is it really worth the price they are asking for them?

Yes, I have been trying to watch my weight and thought this would help in the process.

Looking into Jack Lalane's stainless steel one, but need feed back. Thanks for your input.

Thought I was going to get one for Christmas, but instead I got a ceiling fan and a keypad door lock. Yeah, great gifts. Husband is still clueless.

6 replies
bigsisof3kids Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 7

I have a Champion juicer. It works great, but it IS pretty noisy... When we first got ours, we used it all the time, every day, so it staye.d on our counter. Buuuuuut lately I haven't used it, so I moved it off of the counter. I don't know about the one you're looking at, but mine takes up a lot of counterspace.

Lol... a ceiling fan and doorlock...... icon_biggrin.gif

Monkess Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 7

I have the Jack Lalane- it is an excellent juicer. clean up is not so bad I stick a white kitchen garbage bag in the bin and toss it out rather than cleaning and washing it. The other parts can be rinsed out or stuck in the dishwasher. The only thing I dont like about it is that once you put in say apples or oranges it juices the seeds as well and that does leave a rather high degree of biterness...no doubt that too is probably good for you, but tastewise-uh...I dont think so! It is not noisy and has a solid motor. Good luck!

dldbrou Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for your input. I did not know about the apple seeds. They show that you don't even peel anything. I have never seen them put in a banana, does it not juice? Right now I am on the Juice Plus capsules, but it is too expensive. I was hoping this would not cost as much to buy fresh and then blend. My kitchen does not have that much counter space, so I am always rotating my kitchen gadgets. I love kitchen gadgets, but I use them constantly. Anything to make kitchen work faster and easier so that I can do other things.

Monkess Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 5:05pm
post #5 of 7

I havent tried a banana either I think the pulp might just get caught in the fine mesh which is very very fine...yeah you dont peel the fruits but the skins dont effect the taste they are actually good for you, but the seeds...yuck...I do seedless oranges and grapes, and they areyummy, if only you got seedless apples!

hammer1 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 1:06am
post #6 of 7

i just ordered the jack lalanne pro for my nutrition and wellness classes at school. do you have a suggested drink combination that teenagers will love. especially one with vegetables in it. i did notice that on the informercial they did one that had a rather ugly color. i know that the first words out of the kids mouth will be yuck and then noone will try the drink. i really want to use this thing to get some nutrition into the kids. it cost too much to be a failed experiment. thanks, hammer1

Monkess Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 2:07am
post #7 of 7

I believe it comes with a recipe guide with a whole buch of suggestions-cant rber...for kids put all the veggies you want but add alot of grapes and apples to hide them....good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%