My First Homemade Cake!

Decorating By CourtneysSweets Updated 12 Jan 2009 , 3:03am by firehorse

CourtneysSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CourtneysSweets Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 2:13am
post #1 of 6

Okay so I make cupcakes, cookies, and other odds and ends but never a cake.
Today I made my first ever cake! The cake is WASC with Sugarshacks buttercream. My goal is to be able to make the same cake as my wedding cake for our 1st year anniversary. Hopefully I can complete this task!
I wish I had time to take a class but have no time with work, looks like I'll be watching lots of youtube and reading books! I'm already addicted to this site!!!

My cake icon_smile.gif

Wedding cake

5 replies
montanabaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
montanabaker Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 2:46am
post #2 of 6

So cute! Way better than my first cake! In fact, I think I have all my first cake distasters uploaded in my pics. Congrats and best of luck to you. This site is very addictive!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 2:52am
post #3 of 6

Great job, Angel! You'll have no problem replicating your wedding cake - looks like you have a knack for this.

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 2:56am
post #4 of 6

With this kind of talent-who needs classes! Most of the classes that I have taken were not as informative as this website and the exchanges that happen here. Keep on baking!

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 3:03am
post #5 of 6

Ahh, you're hooked now. Great job on your cake - it definitely doesn't look like a first attempt!

firehorse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firehorse Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 3:03am
post #6 of 6

Grrrrrr - so jealous of people who have the natural talent. icon_mad.gif You don't need courses and will be able to replicate your wedding cake in no time at all! Great job! Keep postingn pics. thanks for sharing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%