fruitsnack Posted 11 May 2011 , 12:10am
post #5701 of 6536

There is an Irish Cream filling on the google doc - it uses 3 tbs of Bailey's:

Irish Cream Filling

1 3.4-ounce package instant vanilla pudding
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream liquer

*Place all the ingredients for the filling in a mixing bowl, and beat with a mixer on slow speed until blended and smooth. Turn speed to high and continue blending until the filling is light and fluffy and will hold its shape. Do not overbeat.

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 11 May 2011 , 2:34am
post #5702 of 6536

Bobwonderbuns it's on the google doc from macs mom!! And thank you for the 3 tbsp guideline it's a good starting point. I decided not to go with that type of filling because I have to make a 3 d carved shape of a foot and thought that whipped cream type filling may be too unstable. So I'm going to they the truffle and see how that goes!!

****edited to add...

So I just tried to make the white chocolate truffle but when I microwaved the white choc chips with the butter it seized...aside from maybe an unknown stray drop of water, any ideas why this would have happened?

m_willford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_willford Posted 11 May 2011 , 3:56am
post #5703 of 6536

If you used margarine, that contains water. Otherwise I don't know.

steffla Posted 11 May 2011 , 4:17am
post #5704 of 6536

Yes that makes sense. I used regular unsalted butter...ok I will try again!

steffla Posted 11 May 2011 , 9:04pm
post #5705 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearniesue

I just have to say - 1/2 white chocolate truffle + 1/2 BC = THE BEST CRUSTING CREAM CHEESE ICING EVER!!

I used it in carrot cake and red velvet, and it was unbelievable!!

Karen icon_smile.gif

Brilliant! Would love to try it but is it safe under fondant? I have often read that most cream cheese recipes will dissolve the fondant after a while?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 11 May 2011 , 11:53pm
post #5706 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffla

Bobwonderbuns it's on the google doc from macs mom!! And thank you for the 3 tbsp guideline it's a good starting point. I decided not to go with that type of filling because I have to make a 3 d carved shape of a foot and thought that whipped cream type filling may be too unstable. So I'm going to they the truffle and see how that goes!!

****edited to add...

So I just tried to make the white chocolate truffle but when I microwaved the white choc chips with the butter it seized...aside from maybe an unknown stray drop of water, any ideas why this would have happened?

icon_redface.gif In light of the fact that's in my signature, you would think I would know that!! icon_lol.gif

superfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superfly Posted 12 May 2011 , 8:17pm
post #5707 of 6536

Has anyone cooked down guinness to a syrup to boost the flavor before adding to a chocolate cake?

Squeeky3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Squeeky3 Posted 13 May 2011 , 10:15pm
post #5708 of 6536

I'm really liking the comments about using diet 7-up/Sprite in WASC to lighten it up, I baked the Orange Dreamsicle the other day and I loved the texture due to the soda!

Does it effect the cake if the soda is flat?

sexysnowtiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sexysnowtiger Posted 15 May 2011 , 2:43am
post #5709 of 6536

Awsome Gourmet Cakes

deesweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deesweets Posted 16 May 2011 , 1:46am
post #5710 of 6536

Hello, if using regular soda is adding too much sugar, then isn't using flavored coffee creamers doing the same thing, how much sugar should be removed from the cake recipe?

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 16 May 2011 , 10:56pm
post #5711 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesweets

Hello, if using regular soda is adding too much sugar, then isn't using flavored coffee creamers doing the same thing, how much sugar should be removed from the cake recipe?

Yes, good thinking! That is why it is usually used for half the liquid and water for the other half. icon_smile.gif

GrandmaG Posted 16 May 2011 , 10:58pm
post #5712 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffla

****edited to add...

Steffla, this will happen if you over microwave it. Just melt until you can still see chunks of chocolate and keep stirring. It will gradually melt.

Squeeky3 Posted 18 May 2011 , 8:20pm
post #5713 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Just wanted to let you know the diet cream soda worked great. It didn't alter the flavor of the white or chocolate WASC and I really like the lighter texture! I'll try diet 7-up next since it's easier to find. thanks for your help as always!

Hi icon_smile.gif
Just wanted to ask if you substituted all of the water for the diet soda? I have a cake in the oven right now to test how it turns out with diet 7-up and I used 2 cups of the soda and 2/3 of water.

GrandmaG Posted 18 May 2011 , 9:31pm
post #5714 of 6536

Has anyone ever made a choco caramel pretzel cake? Sounded good anyway. I'd like to try something like that.

fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 18 May 2011 , 9:37pm
post #5715 of 6536

Oh my goodness, that sounds good!! Would you do a chocolate cake with a filling of caramel and chopped pretzels, maybe? Sounds delicious to me!!

GrandmaG Posted 18 May 2011 , 9:39pm
post #5716 of 6536

I'm not sure how I would do it. Someone suggested the flavor to me. She gets an ice cream flavor with chunks of chocolate with pretzels and caramel in it.

sexysnowtiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sexysnowtiger Posted 18 May 2011 , 10:12pm
post #5717 of 6536

I just got of the phone with a wonderful repesenative with Amoretti. She was very nice and helpful, But she told me that she could only send me 5 different samples because all the samples that they have sent out in the past nobody has called or even sent an email their way letting them know if they liked their products or not. So she asked me if I would send a post on here and ask the people on here that has received their products if you could please at least send a brief email to them and let them know how well their products are or if there was a product that you received and you didn't like it to please let them know that as well.

Thank you everybody for everything. All the awesome recipes and ideas I have been spending days reading this thread and I am so far behind. (lol I am only on page 7icon_cool.gif but i am catching up fast icon_biggrin.gif

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 19 May 2011 , 10:39am
post #5718 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeky3

Quote:

Just wanted to let you know the diet cream soda worked great. It didn't alter the flavor of the white or chocolate WASC and I really like the lighter texture! I'll try diet 7-up next since it's easier to find. thanks for your help as always!

Hi icon_smile.gif
Just wanted to ask if you substituted all of the water for the diet soda? I have a cake in the oven right now to test how it turns out with diet 7-up and I used 2 cups of the soda and 2/3 of water.

Maybe someone else has done this as well and can confirm. But I used a white mix and a whole can of 7-up, regular not diet and baked it just like that. No eggs, no oil. Turns out more like the consistency of an angel food cake.
I don't remember where I heard/learned this. But I made it for a friend at work whose mother wouldn't eat eggs. You can also do the same for a chocolate mix with a can of cola.

nisha_ru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nisha_ru Posted 19 May 2011 , 4:37pm
post #5719 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemama2

Maybe someone else has done this as well and can confirm. But I used a white mix and a whole can of 7-up, regular not diet and baked it just like that. No eggs, no oil. Turns out more like the consistency of an angel food cake.
I don't remember where I heard/learned this. But I made it for a friend at work whose mother wouldn't eat eggs. You can also do the same for a chocolate mix with a can of cola.

I've never heard of that - thanks for sharing!

GrandmaG Posted 20 May 2011 , 7:10pm
post #5720 of 6536

I think it's a Weight Watchers recipe. Sounds like it any way.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 22 May 2011 , 1:49am
post #5721 of 6536

I know this complaint is frequently heard here...I get to wondering why no one has posted recently on this oh so popular thread... then I check and see that a whole page has elapsed. I double checked my profile and yup. It is still set up to receive notifications. This has also happened with a post I just posted on another thread today.

I guess the lesson learned is to manually check everyday! I am caught up and don't want to get behind!

Great thread!

Jan

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 22 May 2011 , 2:54pm
post #5722 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesweets

Yes, good thinking! That is why it is usually used for half the liquid and water for the other half. icon_smile.gif

That is why just one packet of regular pudding can put this recipe over the top. If you don't want to use diet, remove 1/4 c sugar and add another egg white.

I tried adding meringue powder - it worked fabulously but the cake was dry.

MacsMom Posted 22 May 2011 , 2:56pm
post #5723 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaG

I'm not sure how I would do it. Someone suggested the flavor to me. She gets an ice cream flavor with chunks of chocolate with pretzels and caramel in it.

Maybe if you used chocolate covered pretzels it would keep them crunchy.

MollyHammond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyHammond Posted 22 May 2011 , 2:57pm
post #5724 of 6536

Is that instant or the cooking kind of pudding? Does it matter?
Thanks,
Molly

MacsMom Posted 22 May 2011 , 2:59pm
post #5725 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexysnowtiger

I just got of the phone with a wonderful repesenative with Amoretti. She was very nice and helpful, But she told me that she could only send me 5 different samples because all the samples that they have sent out in the past nobody has called or even sent an email their way letting them know if they liked their products or not. So she asked me if I would send a post on here and ask the people on here that has received their products if you could please at least send a brief email to them and let them know how well their products are or if there was a product that you received and you didn't like it to please let them know that as well.
icon_biggrin.gif

They usually call you several times to ask! I was quite frank, explaining that I greatly appreciated the free samples, but that they were just too difficult to work with. Even trying to follow the math to a "T" they were inconsistent - adding just a tad too much ruined recipes - because they react differently in different mediums (bc, cake batter, truffle filling, MMF).

MacsMom Posted 22 May 2011 , 3:00pm
post #5726 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyHammond

Is that instant or the cooking kind of pudding? Does it matter?
Thanks,
Molly

Instant icon_smile.gif

MacsMom Posted 22 May 2011 , 3:03pm
post #5727 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemama2

Quote:

Quote:

Hi icon_smile.gif

Yes, I've used all soda and it produces a lighter cake, but too light for carving. The "diet soda cake" recipe (Weight Watchers) is so light and airy that it falls apart, but it is good for a lower calorie treat!

Squeeky3 Posted 25 May 2011 , 3:16pm
post #5728 of 6536

Help needed please!

I'm about to bake a chocolate cake and I want to transform it into a mint chocolate cake so I plan to use Lorann Peppermint Oil. I'm planning to double the recipe so I wanted to know how much of the oil should I use to give it a good mint flavour. Not too overpowering, but enough to tell it's minty. (eventhough I plan to make a minty flavoured filling)

Shall I use 2 tsps, will that be enough or 1 tbsp for a doubled recipe?

Thanks!

MacsMom Posted 25 May 2011 , 4:06pm
post #5729 of 6536
Quote:

Help needed please!

I'm about to bake a chocolate cake and I want to transform it into a mint chocolate cake so I plan to use Lorann Peppermint Oil. I'm planning to double the recipe so I wanted to know how much of the oil should I use to give it a good mint flavour. Not too overpowering, but enough to tell it's minty. (eventhough I plan to make a minty flavoured filling)

Thanks!

I haven't tried LoRann peppermint so i don't how strong it is, but to be safe I would seriously only add 1/2 tsp per 2 cake mix recipe. (If by doubling you mean that you are using 4 cake mixes, then start with 1 tsp).

Squeeky3 Posted 25 May 2011 , 4:14pm
post #5730 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

Quote:

Help needed please!

Thanks!

I haven't tried LoRann peppermint so i don't how strong it is, but to be safe I would seriously only add 1/2 tsp per 2 cake mix recipe. (If by doubling you mean that you are using 4 cake mixes, then start with 1 tsp).

Thanks for the reply icon_smile.gif

I'm actually making a scratch chocolate cake recipe (my fave!) and not cake mix related. And I'll be doing two recipes at a time when I mix it. So okay, I'll play it safe and try 1/2 - 1 tsp of the oil and see how it goes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%