Decorating By tcakes65 Updated 9 Dec 2023 , 8:26pm by MacsMom

Lizelard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizelard Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 7:13pm
post #6181 of 6536

MacsMom you are my cake angel from afar xxxxx Thank you xxxxx

soldiernurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soldiernurse Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 7:45pm
post #6182 of 6536

@macsmom--no, I've never heard of bettercreme..I live in Ga. and don't have a Smart&Final....I suppose you would find it in the freezer case right? I'll look closer from now on for something similiar at least...tks!icon_smile.gif

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 8:14pm
post #6183 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiernurse 

@macsmom--no, I've never heard of bettercreme..I live in Ga. and don't have a Smart&Final....I suppose you would find it in the freezer case right? I'll look closer from now on for something similiar at least...tks!icon_smile.gif

I get Bettercreme and Frostin' Pride at Cash & Carry, but I'm in Washington State. I don't know where you'd get it in Georgia. [I'm a big help, am I not? icon_rolleyes.gif]

soldiernurse Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 11:27pm
post #6184 of 6536

[email protected] are ALWAYS a big help and a valuable asset to CC...thank you so much!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 1:23am
post #6185 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiernurse 

Do you have a Sam's Club? Ask the bakery department. Otherwise, you can make this as a replacement:

http://www.food.com/recipe/wilton-stabilized-whipped-cream-79506

AlicesMadBatter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlicesMadBatter Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 1:40pm
post #6186 of 6536

For the scratch versions listed in the google docs can you treat them the same way as the box versions in terms of flavor variations?

MacsMom Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 6:17pm
post #6187 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlicesMadBatter 

For the scratch versions listed in the google docs can you treat them the same way as the box versions in terms of flavor variations?

Yes :)

soldiernurse Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 2:53am
post #6188 of 6536

[email protected], we do have a Sam's and I will check there tomorrow...thanks for the recipe...I will try that too!

Oleta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Oleta Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 3:07am
post #6189 of 6536

When you use the soaking syrups, doesn't that make the cake too moist for easy slicing? 

Oleta

Oleta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Oleta Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 3:08am
post #6190 of 6536

When you use the soaking syrups, doesn't that make the cake too moist for easy slicing? 

Oleta

MacsMom Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 6:17pm
post #6191 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleta 

Oleta

I don't use them. This recipe is plenty moist without them! 

maria49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria49 Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 11:38pm
post #6192 of 6536

These all sound amazing! I'm going to have to try a few. Thank You

fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 3:25pm
post #6193 of 6536

Hi MacsMom!  I'm going to be making the snickerdoodle cake off the google doc, which I've made in the past.  I've never noticed or added the cinnamon extract.  What brand do you recommend?  I'm nervous about adding a cinnamon extract, that it will end up being more "red hot candy" cinnamon than snickerdoodle cinnamon.  Thanks for your help!

MacsMom Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 6:28pm
post #6194 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitsnack 

Hi MacsMom!  I'm going to be making the snickerdoodle cake off the google doc, which I've made in the past.  I've never noticed or added the cinnamon extract.  What brand do you recommend?  I'm nervous about adding a cinnamon extract, that it will end up being more "red hot candy" cinnamon than snickerdoodle cinnamon.  Thanks for your help!

You are right, omit the extract. A tiny bit goes a long way, and adding too much does it make too Red Hot'ish.

Lizelard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizelard Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 6:51pm
post #6195 of 6536

AHi macs mom what size pan do you use for most of the recipes for an 11" Round I used just under 2 boxes xx thank u again liz xx

Adris Pastries Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adris Pastries Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 8:09pm
post #6196 of 6536

AThis thread is the best thing I have ever read!! All I want to do is bake every one of these amazing flavor combos!! Thank you all for sharing your secrets :)

sweetssensation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetssensation Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 8:22pm
post #6197 of 6536

oh my gosh I am drooling reading all of these cake flavors!  The only one I have to offer is a vanilla spice cake with mexican hot chocolate butter cream. I don't have the recipe handy, I know that it has cayanne pepper in the frosting to give it a kick. Its been ages since I messed with it! maybe I will make it today :) now to dig out the recipe...

MacsMom Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 5:25pm
post #6198 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizelard 

Hi macs mom what size pan do you use for most of the recipes for an 11" Round I used just under 2 boxes xx thank u again liz xx

13" square or 14" round

10" + 9" round

Two 8" and one 5" round

Two 8" squares

Two 9" rounds

Half recipe (1 mix) = two 6" rounds

For one 11" round:

5 cups cake mix

2 1/2 c flour

2 1/2 c sugar

1 pkg pudding mix

2 1/2 c sour cream

3 1/3 c  liquid

7 eggs (or 10 egg whites)

1/3 c oil

AsmaAsif Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AsmaAsif Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 5:29pm
post #6199 of 6536

AHey .. Macsmom... Have u ever tried making cupcake out of these reccipe... I wanna make some cupcakes... Do u have another recipe?

jpell107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jpell107 Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 11:04am
post #6200 of 6536

AThank you for these awesome ideas!

lynfer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynfer1 Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 11:57pm
post #6201 of 6536

AHello everyone. I'm not very experienced making cakes, but I work in an army base, and I would love to make a special cake for about 20 soldiers. Could someone share with me a cake recipe that will taste amazing including filling,mixing and baking instructions? Please help!!

I was thinking about that orange dreamsicle cake people keep talking about...But I will welcome all suggestions. Thank you.

kjgm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgm Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 12:28pm
post #6202 of 6536

they all sound out of this world!!

MacsMom Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 12:58am
post #6203 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmaAsif 

Hey .. Macsmom... Have u ever tried making cupcake out of these reccipe... I wanna make some cupcakes... Do u have another recipe?

Yes, I make cupcakes with this recipe :) I prefer them to other cuppies that tend to be too dry or too airy.

taraedgington Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taraedgington Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 7:42pm
post #6204 of 6536

AIm beyond thrilled to find this post! Thank you for sharing! I'm making the orange dreamsicle cake and I have decided not to use the melted sherbet. So do I need to use another liquid in place of it? Any help is appreciated! Thanks y'all!

datikiprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
datikiprincess Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 2:50am
post #6205 of 6536

i've made the dreamcicle cake with orange soda and french vanilla creamer mixed... about 3 to 1 ratio for the liquid

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 2:43pm
post #6206 of 6536

The Davinci and Torani syrups don't add nearly as much flavor as the Loran flavors. I end up subbing for a lot of the other liquids just to get more flavor when I use the syrups.

Good to know about adding an extra egg white. Thanks for that tip!

MacsMom: I made your fudge filling that's listed in the document this week. It doesn't specify what size bag of chocolate chips so I used my regular 12 oz. bags. The filling was way too thick to use once it cooled. I ended up adding over a cup of half and half to make it spreadable. Did I add too much chocolate chips or do you think it was another problem.

BTW: the taste of the fudge filling is stupendous! Everyone who likes chocolate should try it. It's so much better than chocolate frosting in flavor and texture. We're eating it solo over here!

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 12:01am
post #6207 of 6536

AI have tried several of your recipes and they are fantastic! This coming weekend I wanted to make Orange Dreamsicle cupcakes, I found the DH Orange Supreme cake mix, and I have the dreamsicle yogurt (I also have some TGIF drink mix). I want to make one batch for the adults and one for the kids, so my question is what liquid do I use as a substitute for the children's version (or does the alcohol bake out, like wine does when you cook with it,)?

Apologize if these questions have been asked or if they are dumb questions I'm still learning at adapting recipes. Anyway, should I use sunkist or orange juice....

Thank you for all the help you've provided to new and experienced bakers, I am so impressed and grateful with all the bakers that are so helpful and willing to teach the rest of us!

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 12:06am
post #6208 of 6536

AAlso, is it ok to sub the sour cream with orange dreamsicle yogurt?

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 1:04am
post #6209 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smckinney07 

Also, is it ok to sub the sour cream with orange dreamsicle yogurt?

I'm not sure about your other questions, but I believe yes this is totally fine to do. Her cinnamon roll cake says : 3 Cinnamon Roll yogurts (or 2 c sour cream) 

datikiprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
datikiprincess Posted 10 Apr 2013 , 2:34am
post #6210 of 6536

use sunkist because only about  half the alcohol cooks out ( just read this on epicurious) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%