Help! Gourmet Flavors????

Decorating By tcakes65 Updated 9 Dec 2023 , 8:26pm by MacsMom

armand21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armand21 Posted 4 Dec 2012 , 12:03am
post #6091 of 6536

Thanks everyone for the cake flavors!!! UR all awesome...

rdiazgreenberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rdiazgreenberg Posted 6 Dec 2012 , 8:53am
post #6092 of 6536

Thank you so much, Macsmom, for all the information you have shared. The combinations sound great and I cannot wait to try the Tropical Cake. I would like to know how you have worked around the new size/reformulated cake mixes from PB and BC for the WASC. I have read threads about adding mix from another box or reducing the amount of liquid, but my WASC is not coming out the same ever since the change of mixes. Again thank you for all your help!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 6 Dec 2012 , 5:03pm
post #6093 of 6536

I haven't have any problems with the new sizes, except that they don't fill up the pans as much so I often have to add an additional 1/4 recipe - sometimes I just add an extra cup of cake mix. 

I do, however, use less sugar - about 3 tbls to 1/4 cup (I don't measure, I just don't fill up the measuring cup as full with sugar).

rdiazgreenberg Posted 6 Dec 2012 , 6:33pm
post #6094 of 6536

Thank you!!!!! I will give that  a try!!!!

Sara22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara22 Posted 6 Dec 2012 , 7:05pm
post #6095 of 6536

Thanks for posting all these MacsMom cant wait to try! icon_smile.gif

crazygrammie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazygrammie Posted 11 Dec 2012 , 6:32pm
post #6096 of 6536

i could not find what you do for a Strawberry lemonade, any help out there?

rdiazgreenberg Posted 12 Dec 2012 , 5:56am
post #6097 of 6536

I searched Cake Central and found two different recipes for you. One of the links is pasted below. I hope it works for you!

http://cakecentral.com/a/strawberry-lemonade-wasc-method

Acentrix04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Acentrix04 Posted 29 Dec 2012 , 12:59am
post #6098 of 6536

MacsMom,

You have amazing flavors listed.... How do we keep up with any changes/additions you've made to this list?  It's been awhile since i've been on CC and there has been a lot of changes over the last year which took me some time to find this forum to find your link.

Thanks!

A

MacsMom Posted 29 Dec 2012 , 5:12pm
post #6099 of 6536

In my signature line there is a link to the recipe list. I try to keep that doc updated with changes and additions. At the bottom of the doc I list the dates of my last changes.

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 29 Dec 2012 , 6:40pm
post #6100 of 6536

AThank you much for the update. I tried to click on this link a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't opening up for me. Now it's working! Yay!

AsmaAsif Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AsmaAsif Posted 30 Dec 2012 , 7:59pm
post #6101 of 6536

AMacsmom thnxxxxxx alotttt I made orange dreamsicle n it was soooodelishhheverybody loved itttt thnku:) I felt cake was a lil dry but still tooo Gud thnku:)

Bakers Crush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakers Crush Posted 31 Dec 2012 , 7:21pm
post #6102 of 6536

Ahow about champaign flavour?

rdiazgreenberg Posted 31 Dec 2012 , 7:49pm
post #6103 of 6536

Thank you, MacsMom, and everyone who contributes to this endeavor, all your help has made my baking life much easier. May God bless you now and in 2013!

Rosario

MacsMom Posted 31 Dec 2012 , 9:47pm
post #6104 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakers Crush 

how about champaign flavour?
http://www.bakerscrush.com

For champagne cake, I use cheap champagne for all of the liquid and add 1 tsp of rum flavoring (I prefer LoRann's Rum Emulsion. If using concentrated flavor oils, only use 1/4 to 1/2 tsp).  You can also use diet sprite instead of champagne.

themasterstouch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
themasterstouch Posted 5 Jan 2013 , 6:24am
post #6105 of 6536

MacMoms ~ Thanks for sharing your ideas, I have been sitting down for 2 days trying to come up with flavor profiles for my potential cake business. This helps me a whole lot. Let me ask, do your customers ever question the fact that you use box cake mixes or not.  I find them incredibly convenient and that they take flavors well. Just wanted some professional input. 

MacsMom Posted 5 Jan 2013 , 11:33pm
post #6106 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by themasterstouch 

MacMoms ~ Thanks for sharing your ideas, I have been sitting down for 2 days trying to come up with flavor profiles for my potential cake business. This helps me a whole lot. Let me ask, do your customers ever question the fact that you use box cake mixes or not.  I find them incredibly convenient and that they take flavors well. Just wanted some professional input. 

Customers don't ask. When freinds ask, though, I tell them that cake mix makes up half of the dry ingredients, so it is officially just another ingredient :)

I just could not come up with a scratch cake that stayed moist and was easy to carve at the same time without being too dense. I am in love with WASC variations because it is really a no-fail recipe: I've only used half the amount of sour cream on occasion because I was out of stock and the result was fine. I sometimes add a couple of cups of cake mix without changing anything and it is fine. I do NOT like to skip the pudding, however. The cake bakes fine without it, it's just not as moist as I like.

Tbop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tbop Posted 10 Jan 2013 , 2:24am
post #6107 of 6536

Agreat list of flavors, my most requested is lemon cake, lemon curd filling, vanilla bean frosting

AlicesMadBatter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlicesMadBatter Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 1:47pm
post #6108 of 6536

AI am experimenting with some similar flavor combinations (my list is tiny in comparison) but I am not having luck flavoring my cakes into fruit flavors with juice or purée. In particular my mango and berry cakes are not bold enough in flavor. If I add more of the fruit the batter is too wet and doesn't rise/fluff. ANy sample recipes or suggestions? Could it be because I am starting with a scratch recipe and not a mix and it doesn't have as much rise to begin with? Also, using coffee creamers adds more sugar to the recipe too. Any problems with the cake being too crusty around the edges with the extra sugar? And the Lorann oils (been wondering if you can use in baking or just candy making bc flavors list is HUGE) how much do you use in cake? Thanks!!!!!

zouzouni mou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zouzouni mou Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 6:26pm
post #6109 of 6536

AI am so happy I found this thread so informative but a TAD overwhelming (understatement of the year). I was wondering MacsMom is you wouldn't mind sharing the WASC recipe that you use.

As my daughter would say pleeeeeeeeease :-)

MacsMom Posted 12 Feb 2013 , 12:41am
post #6110 of 6536

My list of recipes are in my signature line.

I start with Rebecca Sutterby's WASC icon_smile.gif

zouzouni mou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zouzouni mou Posted 12 Feb 2013 , 4:17am
post #6111 of 6536

AWow!!!!!! Thanks MacsMom for sharing your hard work and genius:-)

MacsMom Posted 12 Feb 2013 , 6:40pm
post #6112 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlicesMadBatter 

I am experimenting with some similar flavor combinations (my list is tiny in comparison) but I am not having luck flavoring my cakes into fruit flavors with juice or purée. In particular my mango and berry cakes are not bold enough in flavor. If I add more of the fruit the batter is too wet and doesn't rise/fluff. ANy sample recipes or suggestions? Could it be because I am starting with a scratch recipe and not a mix and it doesn't have as much rise to begin with? Also, using coffee creamers adds more sugar to the recipe too. Any problems with the cake being too crusty around the edges with the extra sugar? And the Lorann oils (been wondering if you can use in baking or just candy making bc flavors list is HUGE) how much do you use in cake? Thanks!!!!!

For cakes high in sugar (which tends to make them dense and over-moist, as well as crusty) be sure to use bake-even strips. I got mine at Michaels, Wilton.

Yes, LoRann oils make all the difference in flavoring fruit cakes. I have begun cutting way back on puree and adding more flavoring due to the texture after adding a lot of puree.

LoRanns flavor vary in strentgh. The cherry, for instance, only requires 1/4 tsp for the whole recipe because it is sooo strong. But generally, I use half the amount of LoRann as I would regular extract.

MacsMom Posted 12 Feb 2013 , 6:42pm
post #6113 of 6536

One more tip I recently came to realize: When making MMF, the Kraft giant marshmallows work the best by far!!  I just use one bag to two 2lbs PS (typically I don't use all of the PS).

BrooksieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrooksieCakes Posted 12 Feb 2013 , 10:33pm
post #6114 of 6536

AWow! That's an impressive list! They sound fan-freaking-tastic! I may borrow 1 or 2 (or 10) of those!

dixiedarlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dixiedarlin Posted 17 Feb 2013 , 6:21am
post #6115 of 6536

AWhat a great topic! Will be saving this one for sure. Thanks all!

captainsmixandmagic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
captainsmixandmagic Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 1:55am
post #6116 of 6536

these sound soooo awesome! :) i'm taking note and hope it is ok with you when we try these out. :) thanks so much for sharing!

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 10:26pm
post #6117 of 6536

Wow, thanks for sharing! They all sound delish!

AlicesMadBatter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlicesMadBatter Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 7:53pm
post #6118 of 6536

Thanks MacsMom!  Very helpful. 

Cake Queen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake Queen Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 2:11am
post #6119 of 6536

What does WASC stands for , I just started baking therefore, I'm not familiar with some terms.

crustdust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crustdust Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 2:13am
post #6120 of 6536

AThis is a great thread. Thanks for sharing :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%