Decorating By tcakes65 Updated 9 Dec 2023 , 8:26pm by MacsMom

jstan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstan Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 1:33am
post #5791 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstan

Hi, I would like to make the kahlua cake but can't find the coffee extract any subsititutes?

You can put regular kahlua in it. In fact I prefer it. The alcohol bakes off. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the lightning fast info but I was going to use Macsmoms
Kahlua Cake
WASC either white or chocolate (your preference): Use 1 c Kahlua, 1 c mudslide drink mix, 2/3 c water, and 1 dram LoRann kona coffee flavor

can I just add more Kahlua or regular coffee instead of the water or will that be too much? Sorry to be a pain I have never made the Kahlua before.

punkyf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkyf Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 1:54am
post #5792 of 6536

I see a lot of references to Macsmoms recipes. Where can I find these recipes? They sound wonderful.

punkyf

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:34am
post #5793 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkyf

I see a lot of references to Macsmoms recipes. Where can I find these recipes? They sound wonderful.

punkyf

Check out the info in my signature, they're all there.

just4myboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just4myboys Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:47am
post #5794 of 6536

Thank you all for sharing! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:59am
post #5795 of 6536
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hi, I would like to make the kahlua cake but can't find the coffee extract any subsititutes?

You can put regular kahlua in it. In fact I prefer it. The alcohol bakes off. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the lightning fast info but I was going to use Macsmoms
Kahlua Cake
WASC either white or chocolate (your preference): Use 1 c Kahlua, 1 c mudslide drink mix, 2/3 c water, and 1 dram LoRann kona coffee flavor

can I just add more Kahlua or regular coffee instead of the water or will that be too much? Sorry to be a pain I have never made the Kahlua before.

Oh OK. Got it! Try Shop Bettys.com They have LorAnn flavorings very reasonable and you get it within a couple of days.

punkyf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkyf Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 3:16am
post #5796 of 6536

Thanks bobwonderbuns. I can't wait to try some of these. Wow!

Squeeky3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Squeeky3 Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 7:47pm
post #5797 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyloo

I haven't tried the specific chai cake in the thread, but I've made one before and it pared wonderfully with pistachio filling (pistachio pudding made with heavy cream and whipped to a mousse like texture).

Thanks for the reply! Just noticed it right now. I still haven't made this cake but I will definitely pair it with pistachio filling, I've made that before and it was delicious!

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 6:35pm
post #5798 of 6536

Okay, so I'm making a peanut butter cake with honey filling ... not sure how to do the honey filling, though. Will probably do a whipped filling and just add some honey, but not sure if that will give enough of the honey flavor to it. Any suggestions, guys?

GrandmaG Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 12:20am
post #5799 of 6536

Honey might be a hard flavor to bring out since it's mostly sugar. I would add a lot of it in your whipped filling but I don't know if it would maybe separate. You can get a honey flavoring but probably would have to order it. You might want to experiment first with a small quanity. Sorry, not much help but I've never made it. icon_smile.gif

jstan Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 7:43pm
post #5800 of 6536

I just made Macsmom cheesecake lovers cake and I did not add the chocolate swirl. The cake does not taste like cheesecake to me it's more like angel food cake. Should I have added the chocolate swirl? What filling can I add to make the cheesecake flavor POP out of the cake?

blue123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blue123 Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 4:58am
post #5801 of 6536

Am I dreaming, or have I not seen a recipe here for Carmel Apple Nut Cake? Thank you!!!!!

huskerfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
huskerfan Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 3:18pm
post #5802 of 6536

In all of the wonderful filling recipes MacsMom has graciously shared with us, which ones do not need to be refrigerated after filling your cakes with them? And thanks MacsMom, your recipes are out of this world.......

GrandmaG Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 8:05pm
post #5803 of 6536

Blue123, haven't seen that recipe here.
huskerfan, love your name by the way, anything with Bettercreme you don't have to refrigerate. Caramel, Fudge, Mocha, Peanut Butter, Pineapple, the ganaches don't need refrigeration. The truffle fillings can stay out for 24 hours at least.

huskerfan Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 9:43pm
post #5804 of 6536

Thanks GrandmaG! I bleed Nebraska Red, that's for sure! I am lucky I can order my Bettercreme from my husband. As far as a lemon and a lime curd type filling that doesn't need refrigeration, any ideas?

GrandmaG Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 9:52pm
post #5805 of 6536

Yes, I buy the lemon or lime pie filling in a can and add extra real lemon or lime juice to make it taste more homemade. Or you can get the sleeves from a cake supply and do the same thing. You don't have to refrigerate these.

huskerfan Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 10:21pm
post #5806 of 6536

Great! Thanks a million. I am trying to get all my cake flavors and fillings listed for my website and I want to make sure what I offer can be done as non perishable. Have a great weekend!

DJSwans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DJSwans Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 3:03pm
post #5807 of 6536

So f ar all of the ideas are tempting. I can't wait to try some on the combinations you have suggested. Thank you

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 2:12pm
post #5808 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Hey MacsMom - I made the red velvet cake this weekend as part of a much larger cake and it got RAVE reviews!! Some said it was one of my best cakes ever!! icon_lol.gif Thanks for sharing!! icon_biggrin.gif

Yay! I know this is old (haven't been getting updates again), but I love to hear when flavors are a success.

I am making the RV as cupcakes this weekend for a picky bride (her shower), so I can breathe a bit easier now...

MacsMom Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 2:16pm
post #5809 of 6536
Quote:

I just made Macsmom cheesecake lovers cake and I did not add the chocolate swirl. The cake does not taste like cheesecake to me it's more like angel food cake. Should I have added the chocolate swirl? What filling can I add to make the cheesecake flavor POP out of the cake?

Hmm... mine comes out rich and dense. I use the white chocolate truffle filling but I add an extra 8oz cream cheese.

luntus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luntus Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 2:23pm
post #5810 of 6536

Macsmom, your RV recipe is my "go to " recipe and apart from regular cakes, I have done cupcakes several times with it and always received so many wonderful compliments. I love your chocolate cake recipe as well.. that is very good.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!!!!!!

MacsMom Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 2:28pm
post #5811 of 6536

Has anyone tried the Ambrosia Cake yet?

That is one on my list that I haven't even made yet icon_rolleyes.gif and of all things I have a bride wanting it for her wedding cake!

Of course I will be doing trials....

My recipe calls for oranges, pineapple, coconut and pecans: My mom said that I also need to include maraschino cherries. Cherries aren't listed in the description of the cake on my blog... Thoughts please!

KMKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KMKakes Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 9:46pm
post #5812 of 6536

I used MacsMom method of the chocolate WASC. It came out overly moist and my friend said she loved the taste but referred to it as ooey gooey. I was wondering if I should have let it air dry out or something. I followed the recipe to the exact measurements as well as it came out of the oven when the toothpick was clean. I was wondering if this has happened similarly with anyone else?

Tea42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tea42 Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 10:00pm
post #5813 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

Has anyone tried the Ambrosia Cake yet?

That is one on my list that I haven't even made yet icon_rolleyes.gif and of all things I have a bride wanting it for her wedding cake!

Of course I will be doing trials....

My recipe calls for oranges, pineapple, coconut and pecans: My mom said that I also need to include maraschino cherries. Cherries aren't listed in the description of the cake on my blog... Thoughts please!

When I think of ambrosia I think cherries too.

Tea42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tea42 Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 10:03pm
post #5814 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMKakes

I used MacsMom method of the chocolate WASC. It came out overly moist and my friend said she loved the taste but referred to it as ooey gooey. I was wondering if I should have let it air dry out or something. I followed the recipe to the exact measurements as well as it came out of the oven when the toothpick was clean. I was wondering if this has happened similarly with anyone else?

I have noticed that in my cakes as well although there have not been any complaints or suggestions to such. When I tort I am having a very hard time as the cake seams to stick to the knife blade. I am hoping that when my Agbay comes in I will not have issues with it. icon_smile.gif

MacsMom Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 11:18pm
post #5815 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea42

Quote:

I have noticed that in my cakes as well although there have not been any complaints or suggestions to such. When I tort I am having a very hard time as the cake seams to stick to the knife blade. I am hoping that when my Agbay comes in I will not have issues with it. icon_smile.gif

I bake my cakes at 325 for 55-75 mins (depending on size of pan and depth of batter). I don't get ooey-gooey or trouble torting...

jstan Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 1:25am
post #5816 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

Quote:

Hmm... mine comes out rich and dense. I use the white chocolate truffle filling but I add an extra 8oz cream cheese.

Thanks Ill try the extra 8 oz of cream cheese next time.

KMKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KMKakes Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 2:40pm
post #5817 of 6536

Thanks MacsMom for the temp. and time suggestions. I didn't bake my cake at 325 degrees. I will try that the next time around.

Just curious; Do you bake alot of your gourmet recipes at 325 and adjust the length of bake time?

MacsMom Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 3:20pm
post #5818 of 6536
Quote:

Thanks MacsMom for the temp. and time suggestions. I didn't bake my cake at 325 degrees. I will try that the next time around.

Just curious; Do you bake alot of your gourmet recipes at 325 and adjust the length of bake time?

Yes. I am one who does a "no-no" by cramming my oven full of as many cake pans will fit inside and checking the time after 50 mins, removing pans one by one as they are done. icon_razz.gif

GrandmaG Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 4:54pm
post #5819 of 6536

I would definitely do cherries in an ambrosia! icon_smile.gif Sounds yummy!

MacsMom Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 6:58pm
post #5820 of 6536
Quote:

I would definitely do cherries in an ambrosia! icon_smile.gif Sounds yummy!

Okie dokie, I will post my results when I make it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%