bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:19pm

Granulated. I'm sure you could use powdered sugar but I've always used granulated. Try it and let me know how the powdered stuff works! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:25pm

Thanks much!

Cynthia_Razo Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:32pm

Hi everyone, well I have been trying so bad to keep up but I guess I missed a couple of pages. Well my question is on the Chocolate WASC it calls for 2 cups of coffee, do you add the coffee by itself or does the 2 cups include water in it? I have never made WASC nor the chocolate version. And also what can bettercreme be used for? I'm sort of new to all this. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

fiddlesticks Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:37pm

Heres a thread all about bettercreme.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-601193.html

Mattie1 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:27pm

Thanks so much for the help.

MacsMom Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:53pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia_Razo

Hi everyone, well I have been trying so bad to keep up but I guess I missed a couple of pages. Well my question is on the Chocolate WASC it calls for 2 cups of coffee, do you add the coffee by itself or does the 2 cups include water in it?

It's 2 cups of brewed coffee icon_wink.gif , just like the coffee you drink at 3 am trying to finish a cake...

MacsMom Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:54pm

I modified the graham cracker cake to include fievel's honey suggestion, and I added bobwonderbuns cheese danish filling....

Normita Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:07am
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

I modified the graham cracker cake to include fievel's honey suggestion, and I added bobwonderbuns cheese danish filling....

Macsmom...on the link that is attached to your postings, I see that it is your entire recipe list. Are you adding and modifiying it as you get new ideas??? I have your old list, when this thread started and I see it is a bit different. Also, how much does the batter fill?

wrightway777 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:10am

Confession: I must admit that I have gotten into the habit of every morning while the coffee is brewing that I check this forum (yep first thing in the morning). I love seeing all the chatting about new flavors and every one trying new combinations...love it!

MacsMom Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:50am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normita

Quote:

Macsmom...on the link that is attached to your postings, I see that it is your entire recipe list. Are you adding and modifiying it as you get new ideas??? I have your old list, when this thread started and I see it is a bit different. Also, how much does the batter fill?

I am constantly updating the file - everytime there is a new recipe or flavor idea, or when someone has made a recipe and suggested improvements.

Right now I think we're pretty good. I've alphabetized it and separated the fillings from the cakes (putting filling suggestions on most of the cakes), so you're safe to re-print it now. But then, tomorrow there might be 5 new flavor ideas... icon_rolleyes.gif

What I'll do from now on is add a date at the bottom of the file with any new change included. That way, you can check anything you might've missed the last time you looked (or printed). For instance, today I updated my Orange Dreamsicle and added bobwonderbuns recipe, so I'll make a note at the bottom of the doc.

This link gives you some ideas of how many pans of various sizes the WASC recipe fills (serves 40-50)
http://www.recipezaar.com/White-Almond-Sour-Cream-Wedding-Cake-69630

Normita Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:39am
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am constantly updating the file - everytime there is a new recipe or flavor idea, or when someone has made a recipe and suggested improvements.

Right now I think we're pretty good. I've alphabetized it and separated the fillings from the cakes (putting filling suggestions on most of the cakes), so you're safe to re-print it now. But then, tomorrow there might be 5 new flavor ideas... icon_rolleyes.gif

What I'll do from now on is add a date at the bottom of the file with any new change included. That way, you can check anything you might've missed the last time you looked (or printed). For instance, today I updated my Orange Dreamsicle and added bobwonderbuns recipe, so I'll make a note at the bottom of the doc.

This link gives you some ideas of how many pans of various sizes the WASC recipe fills (serves 40-50)

OMG...thank you soooo much. This list is amazing!!! And if I want to make half the recipe, I just half the ingredients...correct? Sorry, If this has been asked already?

MacsMom Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:50am
Quote:

Quote:

OMG...thank you soooo much. This list is amazing!!! And if I want to make half the recipe, I just half the ingredients...correct? Sorry, If this has been asked already?

Yep! 1 box mix, 1 c flour, 1 c sugar, 1 1/3 c water, etc... Fills two 7" rounds.

cats242 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:13am

So I was thinking...while I was tossing and turning last night...that dream whip could be made with the different coffee creamers to give it different flavors...Would that work?

Tona Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:57am

Irish Cream Glaze
2 cups confectioners sugar 4 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur and drizzle over cake

I use a 12 cup fluted pan and pake for 1 hour 10 minutes
I use light brown sugar

malishka Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 1:01pm
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malishka

I added some strawberry compound and some bubble gum extract that I got from amoretti. The house smelled like strawberry bubblgum. My kids LOVED it.
I think it's going to be a big hit at this kid's birthday party.

Bubblegum compound? I'm jealous. Sounds nummy!

I made strawberry cake using the strawberry daquiri mix (2 cups with 2/3 c water) - the cake came out perfectly and smells wonderful! Like real strawberries, not fake-cake-mix strawberry (I used white cake mix).

No matter how hard I try, I can't find a white cake mix anywhere.
I use DH because it's the only cake mix that's non-dairy. But the closest thing they have to a white cake mix is a yellow one. I've never had a problem with it. It always bakes up nicely.
The thing is that the yellow cake mix flavor overpowers every single flavor you put in it. So most of the time I find myself putting double the extracts that are needed for a specific flavor.

I am making an Amoretto Latte cake for this weekend. I baught some disarono for the flavoring. Since I can't use amoretto dairy creamer (my favorite) I figure that I can use the liquer and add some coffee flavor to my DH yellow cake.
Got any ideas for this recipe?

MacsMom Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:17pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats242

So I was thinking...while I was tossing and turning last night...that dream whip could be made with the different coffee creamers to give it different flavors...Would that work?

It would work, but it would require refrgeration - unless you mixed powdered creamer with water or evaporated milk...

malishka Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:32pm

how about adding different pudding flavors or juices to your dream whip. Also, you can add different kinds of preserves. non of these require refrgeration.

butterscotch8654 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:26pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoqeen

I just want to say "Thanks" to MacsMom. I've been copying and pasting your recipes for the past 50 pages!! I absolutely love all the flavors, your hard work, and the fact that you would share with us!! So, THANKS!! And, I live in Turlock!! We're like neighbors!! Too cool!!

Vicki

I agree- I have been reading for days trying to catch up- mind you I am doing this at work.... icon_lol.gif Shhhhh dont tell.... But I really do appreciate your help as well as all of the ladies who so willingly contribute. Thanks again..... thumbs_up.gif

butterscotch8654 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:29pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats242

Mmmmm Snickerdoodle...one of my favorite cookies! That would be a yum cake! I'm making one of the wonderful flavors tomorrow night for company...now the question is which one to try first!

The cake doctor has a great recipe for this... If by the time I make it to the end of this thread and dont find it- I will have to crack my book out and type it in for you. But it is one of my neices favorite- everytime she comes to visit she request one.

bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:31pm

The 11th commandment: Thou shalt not turn on the computer (which leads directly to Cake Central) until all the temporal stuff is done first! icon_lol.gif

butterscotch8654 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:33pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindambc

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterscotch8654

I noticed in your mock cheesecake filling that you mentioned mixing the pudding into Bettercreame- But it mentioned it being whipped. Do I need to whip the Bettercreame before I add the pudding- or can I mix the pudding and bettercream- and then whip it into the cream cheese.

Hopefully you understand my question. icon_surprised.gif

I made this the other day and wasn't sure either, so I added the pudding to the liquid bettercream. I had tried adding pudding to the whipped bettercreme before, it didn't turn out well for me. But I can tell you it came out fine and tastes oh so good!

HTH

thumbs_up.gif

dandelion56602 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:16pm

I was wondering if anyone has used International Delight's Belgian White Chocolate Macadamia creamer? I'm wondering if it has a good white chocolate flavor or a nutty flavor. Might be good to use in a white chocolate cake

I also have seen the following (you might ck your stores)

Dark Mayan Chocolate--w/ the international coffee drinks

100 %Pina Colada Juice--think Dole makes it

ETA: you can print coupons for the creamer off the ID or Coffee mate sites.

butterscotch8654 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:01pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

Here reporting back for the Pistachio-Cardamom cake.

I must confess that when I heard Mary Alice from CCC talking about how delicious the Pistachio-Cardamom cake was, I thought she said: Pistachio-Caramel I never heard of Cardamom before, so forgive me,
I started putting together my own recipe combining the best elements of a pistachio cake and a caramel cake.

It wasnt until you guys made reference to that cake that I realized I misunderstood, but since most pistachio cake recipes I found online included cardamom I decided I might as well add it to my pistachio-caramel recipe; plus I already had set on my mind that caramel ice cream topping on a cake would be a great element.

I bought cardamom seeds on Ebay and grind them myself and sifted it before adding to the mix.
I paid $6.99 for 4oz. including shipping.

Cardamom is amazing, the smell and the flavor is like nothing Ive tried before; sweet and savory.

So here is my recipe:

Pistachio-Cardamom-Caramel Cake

*Dry ingredients

*1 box of white cake mix (I used DH)
*1 cup of cake flour
*1/2 cup of white granulated sugar (*I cut down the sugar because the coffee creamer and ice cream topping have lots of it)
*2 teaspoons baking power
*1 envelope dry pistachio pudding mix
*1 teaspoon of salt (*If using salted pistachios omit salt).
*1 teaspoon of grind cardamom.
*Sift dry ingredients twice and set aside.

*1 cup of sour cream
*1 stick of butter (at room temp.)
*1/4 cup of veg. oil
*1/3 cup of cream cheese at room temp. (*I always add cream cheese to my WASC recipe, you can omit this if you want, I just love the richness that it adds to the cake)
*1/4 cup of brown sugar

*Cream these ingredients in the mixer for about 3 mins. or until completely blended together.

*4 large eggs
*1 tablespoon vanilla extract
*Lorann pistachio oil flavor

*Add these ingredients to mixer until blended with the other ingredients.

*1/2 cup of vanilla caramel coffee creamer
*1/2 cup of caramel ice cream topping
*3/4 cup of buttermilk

*Mix together all liquids and alternate with dry ingredients into the mixer.

*1 cup of chopped pistachios (*dont forget the pistachios! add them to the mix a the very end)

Of course you can always do your normal pistachio-cardamom version of the WASC cake instead of my hybrid: pistachio-cardamom-caramel, but all I have to tell you is that this recipe is absolutely out of this world.

Sounds quite yummy- what did you frost it with?

Valli_War Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 8:15pm

For those who use whimsical bakehouse frosting, does it crust so that I can use viva to smooth it? Does it freeze good, how long?

TIA,

dandelion56602 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 9:07pm

WBH does not crust, it's more like a meringue buttercream. Smooth it w/ a hot scraper & it does wonderful. You can put it in the fridge & got over it w/ a hot scraper too & smooth it even more.

I've frozen it before. Thaw at room temp & rewhip. I think it's 6 months in the freezer

Valli_War Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 10:04pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion56602

WBH does not crust, it's more like a meringue buttercream. Smooth it w/ a hot scraper & it does wonderful. You can put it in the fridge & got over it w/ a hot scraper too & smooth it even more.

I've frozen it before. Thaw at room temp & rewhip. I think it's 6 months in the freezer

Thanks.

Normita Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:07am
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yep! 1 box mix, 1 c flour, 1 c sugar, 1 1/3 c water, etc... Fills two 7" rounds.

Macsmom.....I wanted to try the kahlua or white russian cake but wanted to omit the alcohol. What can I use in place of alcohol for the kahlua cake?? In the white russian I read that you can just replace the alcohol with creamer and water, but what is the ratio? Do I just add the required amount of creamer and replace the alcohol amount with water???

MacsMom Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:20am
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Macsmom.....I wanted to try the kahlua or white russian cake but wanted to omit the alcohol. What can I use in place of alcohol for the kahlua cake?? In the white russian I read that you can just replace the alcohol with creamer and water, but what is the ratio? Do I just add the required amount of creamer and replace the alcohol amount with water???

You can use LoRann keoke coffee flavor to replace the Kahlua.
You would use 2 cups of mudslide favored coffee creamer or drink mix (if you can find one that isn't pre-mixed) and 2/3 c water. Then add 2 drams of LoRann keoke coffee. icon_wink.gif You would do the same in both recipes, actually.

Normita Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 12:55am
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You can use LoRann keoke coffee flavor to replace the Kahlua.
You would use 2 cups of mudslide favored coffee creamer or drink mix (if you can find one that isn't pre-mixed) and 2/3 c water. Then add 2 drams of LoRann keoke coffee. icon_wink.gif You would do the same in both recipes, actually.

Thanks Macsmom, your the best thumbs_up.gif If I want to half the recipe do I still use the full 2/3 water or half of that? I tried the orange dreamsicle, but I used rainbow sherbet instead of orange and it was still a hit!! It was soooo yummy!!

wrightway777 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:31am

Coffee-Mate sent me a link for a $1.00 coupon for ONE (yep you dont have to buy two containers). Thought we all could use it:

http://www.coffee-mate.com/getyourcoupon/default.aspx?source=10079065

Note: I just printed mine, if it asks you to download "windows coupon printer" dont worry its legit - you'll see the coupon prints out nicely. Expires 4/25 (yep I will be printing this more than once). Mine even printed with a "Hazelnut Biscotti Chocolate Custard" recipe.

Did you all know that there is a cake recipe (and other desserts) on coffee-mate's website? Heres their Mocha Dream cake recipe:
http://www.coffee-mate.com/Recipes/top/MochaDreamCake.aspx
it uses vinegar...how about that...I wonder what the science behind that is....cut the sweetness...helps with the rise?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%