Help! Gourmet Flavors????

Decorating By tcakes65 Updated 9 Dec 2023 , 8:26pm by MacsMom

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:21am
post #1021 of 6536

My vanilla bean paste said to use it like extract. I'm thinking 1 tsp = 1 bean. I love the specks!

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:37am
post #1022 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karema

I found it!!! I went to a gourmet store near me and found madagascar vanilla bean paste. I'm so excited. Now I have to figure out how to use it. I know I can add it to frosting and bettercreme but has anyone tried adding it to cake. I want to use this tomorrow anyone have any recipes that taste devine so I can try my new treasure.

Karema

I tried my vanilla ben paste in my graham cracker wac cake this weekend, it tasted really good! dded some to the vanilla whipped topping too!

pastrychef22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrychef22 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:42am
post #1023 of 6536

I want to add my Happy Birthday!!!! Also I got my samples today and i can not wait to start trying them!!!!!!!!!!

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:58am
post #1024 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karema

I want to use this tomorrow anyone have any recipes that taste devine so I can try my new treasure.

Karema

Try Serious_Cake's yellow cake recipe. It's made like a yellow cake, but it's light in color so I just call it vanilla cake icon_smile.gif Use 1-2 tsps of vanilla bean paste and if you have some, just the slightest bit of lemon zest. Delicious!
Here is the link:

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:07pm
post #1025 of 6536

Macsmom,

Thank you icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:16pm
post #1026 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by anku

Thanks so much for sharing such amazing flavors! My client just called and she wants " Poppy seed" flavor cake!! Any ideas/recipes you have? I have never done a poppyseed cake!

I make "sour cream poppyseed" ~ It's just the WASC recipe, as is, with 1/4 cup poppyseeds added to the batter. Actually, it may be 1/2 cup icon_rolleyes.gif

MacsMom Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:24pm
post #1027 of 6536

Here's a funny for you...

I have a customer who just booked 11 dates for cakes and she has my flavor list. I teased her by saying she only has 77 other dates to fill to try all of my flavors.

So she sends me an e-mail this morning asking me if I can make a Rocky Road cake... it's not on my flavor list! I died laughing!! I told her I'd add it to my list icon_razz.gif

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:25pm
post #1028 of 6536

Thanks so much Macs mom....can you please tell me from where can I find poppy seeds??!!

MacsMom Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:48pm
post #1029 of 6536

I buy a jar in the spices aisle. You might them cheaper at World Market (Cost PLus) if you have one near you.

ambolil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambolil Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 6:32pm
post #1030 of 6536

I am a mom that works outside the home and have recently become obsessed with this website and everything it offers. (It has taken me about a week with work and 2 kids home with the flu to finally get to the last post. ) My obsession started because I wanted to make my soon to be 1yr old's birthday cake instead of buying it. I have done pleanty of cooking/baking on my own over the years and wanted to challenge myself a little. I am now in my second Wilton class and can't absorb the info fast enough. I am so very excited to make every cake I see or hear about.

I am in awe of everyone's creativity and generosity in sharing all of this fantastic and helpful information.

Macsmom-thank you so much for sharing your information with us. You are a very inspiring person and a great resource to all of us! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity and advice.

I too contacted Amoretti today and I am anxiously awaiting the phone call to speak with a rep.

Thanks to all of you who have shared and answered questions! thumbs_up.gif

USMCWifePena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMCWifePena Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 7:48pm
post #1031 of 6536

I got my Amoretti samples last night and I couldn't wait to try them out and I couldn't wait for a cake to bake, so I made Mango Pudding with Coconut Whip...It was delicious...Needless to say years from now I will have stock in Amoretti!! LOL icon_biggrin.gif

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 9:47pm
post #1032 of 6536

Thanks do much Macsmom for the info! Yes, I have Costplus near my place and surely check it out!

fievel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fievel Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:02pm
post #1033 of 6536

I got my Amoretti samples today and I can't wait to start experimenting. I was just wondering how much people were using. Are you weighing your batter/icing and going by weight??

CbyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CbyA Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:04pm
post #1034 of 6536

Macsmom, do you have a good recipe for 'limoncello cake' ??? or anyone???
Cbya

MacsMom Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:34pm
post #1035 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by CbyA

Macsmom, do you have a good recipe for 'limoncello cake' ??? or anyone???
Cbya

I got a sample of that, too. What the heck is it? icon_confused.gif

Just add the compound to the WASC cake - or a lime cake, lemon cake, cello cake... icon_razz.gif

fievel Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:42pm
post #1036 of 6536

haha limonchello is an Italian lemon flavored liquor. Yummy stuff!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:07am
post #1037 of 6536

Italian Lemon flavored liquor?? MMMMMMMMM!! icon_lol.gif

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:28am
post #1038 of 6536

I looooooove that stuff. Actually, it was my first alcoholic beverage.. my best friend's older sister brought it back after doing a semester abroad in Italy.. and we went to town with it! hahah.

It's delicious... i'd make it in a spiked lemon cake.. yum yum yum!

Mom23girls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom23girls Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:09pm
post #1039 of 6536

Quick question for those who got the Amoretti samples.... did the catalog come with the samples or separate? I just got a catalog delivered by FedEx - but no samples icon_cry.gif

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:16pm
post #1040 of 6536

Do you just buy limoncello at the liquor store???
Is there a particular brand that is better??

I'd love to try it in a lemon cake!!!!

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:22pm
post #1041 of 6536

Question to anyone who has tried this:
I want to bake a bundt cake tomorrow for dessert. I won't be frosting it since many people who are going to eat it don't like frosting (yeah, I know icon_eek.gif )
Can I make WASC cake in a bundt pan? I wanted to try pistachio pudding mix with a white cake mix with cardamom in it. Do you think coconut compound that I got from amoretti can be added to this to make pistachio-coconut cardamom cake? Please advice.
TIA,

MacsMom Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:28pm
post #1042 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valli_War

Question to anyone who has tried this:
I want to bake a bundt cake tomorrow for dessert. I won't be frosting it since many people who are going to eat it don't like frosting (yeah, I know icon_eek.gif )
Can I make WASC cake in a bundt pan? I wanted to try pistachio pudding mix with a white cake mix with cardamom in it. Do you think coconut compound that I got from amoretti can be added to this to make pistachio-coconut cardamom cake? Please advice.
TIA,

YES! icon_biggrin.gif It does take awhile to bake, so be patient, but it is perfect as a bundt cake. Pistacchio coconut sounds awesome!

Valli_War Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:30pm
post #1043 of 6536

Thanks Macsmom. I'll post the results tomorrow. Do you think if I just drizzle the cake with chocolate ganache, it'll go with the flavor of the cake? I don't know about that. I can use either white or dark chocolate. Can anyone give me idea about that?

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:36pm
post #1044 of 6536

My family prefers to have the WASC straight from the pan warm with no icing. It taste great and is sweat enough without frosting.

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:21pm
post #1045 of 6536

I happened to have a 6 inch WASC in the freezer and was looking for something sweet last night. I cut some up into cubes and added a scoop of strawberry banana icecream I have and it was soooo good. The WASC kind of reminded me of angel food cake in flavor - only more dense and I love to eat it frozen as it doesn't freeze it rock hard thumbs_up.gif

fievel Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 9:56pm
post #1046 of 6536

You should be able to buy lemoncello in a liquor store, but I got a compound of it from amoretti

Valli_War Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 10:05pm
post #1047 of 6536

Oh My god, ladies, I baked pistachio - cardamom-coconut cake in a bundt pan (Wasc). It smells so good, that I who doesn't eat cake at all want to eat it.
Here is how I made it.
1 box duncan hines white cake
1 cup of sour cream
3 eggs, 1 box of pistachio pudding mix, 1 heaping spoon of coconut compound from Amoretti,
1/2 tsp of cardamom extract from Amoretti, 1 cup of water, 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder fresh ground and baked it in bundt pan. I won't be putting any icing on, so before I poured the batter into the pan, sprinkled the bottom of the pan with chopped pistachios and shredded coconut. It baked in 65 minutes. Will try to take a picture of it once out of the pan and on a serving platter, but had to post this. This will be one of the flavors that I'll keep baking since all my relatives (Indians in general) love coconut and cardamom.

cori85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cori85 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 12:44am
post #1048 of 6536

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to macsmom and everyone else who shared info on this thread. It has opened a whole new world to me. I went to our local cash n carry today and found the Bettercreme and can't wait to try it out. I always use homemade buttercream, but have been looking for something that doesn't have to be refrigerated, that actually tastes good. I'm going to make the orange dreamcicle cake tonight. I am new to this website but so thankful to have found it!

pastrychef22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrychef22 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:35am
post #1049 of 6536

Mom23girls I just wanted to let you know that my catalog was right in the box with my samples.[/code][/center][/url][/list][/list]

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:52am
post #1050 of 6536

HI Everyone,

Did we ever establish how much of the compounds and extracts from Amoretti we are supposed to use in a recipe? In tablesppoons and teaspoons???

MACSMOM, if we use the wasc recipe and just sub the extract or use compound how much would be use>.

Thanks!
This thread is AWESOME!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%