Getting Things Secure

Decorating By Cathy26 Updated 11 Jan 2009 , 8:36pm by LKing12

Cathy26 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone, I was just wondering what the best thing is to use to attach bows, flowers etc to the SIDE of cakes as opposed to the top. For the top i just use RI which is fine but im nervous about attaching something quite large and heavish like a bow to the side in case it falls off. do any of you use wire, etc or just RI?

Thanks

Cathy

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 5

Melted chocolate.
RI is fine but you ay need to prop it for a few minutes until the royal sets.

KoryAK Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 5

Royal and chocolate and all that are great (I prefer royal unless I am in a super hurry because I don't have to worry about temperature changes) but for heavy side stuff I also like to jam a toothpick into the back of the finished bow (or whatever) and then stick it into the cake. If you are assembling a bow right on the side, then the royal being on each piece should be enough.

Cathy26 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 5

thanks! im just super paranoid about my cakes, etc falling to pieces. I dont know why, i just guess i think that sugar cant possibly hold stuff together!

LKing12 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 5

Just make sure that if you are using toothpicks, that you tell whomever is in charge of serving the cake that they are there. No one like surprises while eating cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%