What Type Of Gloves To Buy? And Where?

Business By springlakecake Updated 11 Jan 2009 , 11:18pm by springlakecake

springlakecake Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 5

I need to buy some disposible gloves as I am starting up my business. I want ones that fit tight. I can't have that extra finger tip getting in my way. What is the best type to get and where do I get them? thanks

4 replies
Monkess Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 5

If you want a tight fit then you are looking for latex gloves. O like medium size, powdered, they come in boxes of 100. I like SILKTEX any restaurant disposables supplier in your area should carry them. Their website is www.ronco.com Good luck!

antonia74 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 5

Please be careful using latex gloves in the food industry, there's a lot of people allergic to latex out there. (That being said, it's often to the powder that is used inside these gloves, but it's irritating to people nonetheless.) I'm one of them and it causes my lips and areas in my mouth to swell slightly for an hour or so. icon_sad.gif

indydebi Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 5

Tight fitting gloves also are made in vinyl, which is what I use. You can get them at GFS, Sysco, any restaurant supply. A friend used to buy her's (for her restaurant) at Walgreen's but I never found them in my Walgreens'.

springlakecake Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 5

Great, thanks. I think I too want to avoid latex. I am not allergic, but I have exposed myself a lot in the past when I was in the health care industry before they switched to non latex. Recently I have started getting allergic to my wedding rings! I gets dry and scaly underneath them. I suspect there must be some amount of nickel in them (which I know i am allergic to). I swear my DH didnt buy them out of a machine LOL! I know it could just be a matter of time to develop an allergy to latex. I think I will check with GFS then. I tried sams but they didnt have any. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%