3D High Top Sneaker

Decorating By preciosa225 Updated 3 Feb 2009 , 12:26am by preciosa225

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 4

My son's 16th birthday is coming up in two weeks and I would really like to attempt to make him a high top Nike sneaker since he is a sneaker fanatic. However, I've searched the forums and template/sketches sections and only found instructions on a low top tennis shoe. Does anyone have a template or instructions on a high top sneaker (something like a Nike or Jordan sneaker).

I will really appreciate it! If I can pull this one off, he will be really blown away (and that is not easy to do with a 16 year old boy! LOL)
TIA

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 10:57pm
post #2 of 4

This may help --

most of the info is in the diagram

----

some hints

get a real shoe to make measurements -- say the new pair he's getting for his b-day? icon_wink.gif

trace the sole's shape to for better pattern than one I've included.

then it's really just a lot of carving and detailing.

hint -- use the photo (this is Jordon I shoe) to create a template of the profile shape of the shoe and place it against long side of cake and follow it to get basic profile of cake

then use real shoe for reference as to how to shape it.

HTH
LL

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 4

I was just looking at ChefLynncb74blue's pics and she has a high tennis shoe. Not the design you may be looking for but I think the style.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1186989.html

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:26am
post #4 of 4

I didn't see these responses until now (I didn't get an alert that I had any responses in my email so I never checked back). Anyhow, I did do the sneaker cake and I did it similar to what you've explained here!!! It turned out ok. He loved it! I wasn't too happy because I wanted it to come out more "Perfect" as far as details go and I ran out of time so I had to leave some of the details out, but for my first sculpted cake, I'd say it went pretty well!

Thanks again! I've attached a photo below...
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%