How To Do & Charge For This?

Decorating By kakeladi Updated 11 Jan 2009 , 8:37pm by Juds2323

kakeladi Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 4

http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo-36418.html
This d4elightful cake was on the home page ... 1st time I've seen it. The creator doesn't allow commentsicon_sad.gif
How would you go about creating it and how much would one charge for it? There is a ton of work to iticon_smile.gif

3 replies
brincess_b Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 4

i would say the bottom two, life would be easier doing the white stripes first, then the pink on top (imagine it being a challenge getting even curves, unless you did them on a flat surface and placed it very carefully). and the castle, by covering some tubes or making tubes with gumpaste/ fondant. and gumpaste/fondant for all the lollipops.
the mind boggles at how much time that must take - id charge a fortune! it does look great though.
xx

-K8memphis Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 4

For a small cake I think I'd do the per serving for fondant plus $75* for falderal. For a larger cake I'd do the fondant per serving price plus $1.75**. So for a large cake it'd be $4.50 $5.00 per serving for the fondant price then it'd go to $6.25 to $6.75 per serving whn you tack on the surcharge.

I would consider doing all white and paint it and cover the join with those scrollies. I might do a pink over lay--but probably not. Easier to paint.

Fabulous work, it's tons of sausages encircling everything.

*Maybe $100 for falderal.

**Maybe $2.00 surcharge is more in line--but I'd never call it a surcharge to the customer. I'd just say $7.00 a serving. Unless the words "$7.50" fell out of my mouth first. icon_biggrin.gif

That's pretty conservative I think. What do you think, Lynne??

Juds2323 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:37pm
post #4 of 4

Maybe try PMing Adven68.

Judi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%