Please Help Me... Major Screw Up.. Don't Have Time To Re-Do

Decorating By marion123 Updated 11 Jan 2009 , 9:26pm by saracupcake

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 12:49pm
post #1 of 8

PLEASE HELP ME
I'm making a homemade whip cream and I think I added to much conf. sugar, it is really sweet. I don't have any more whipping cream, and I can't leave to get more.. Can I add some milk or 1/2 or 1/2 to cut down on the taste? Cleints are comming at my house at 11:00 to pick up cake,,,Please help

7 replies
LisaMaeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMaeCakes Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 8

I don't b elieve you can add any other type of milk. It doesn't have enough fat and will probably just break down what you have. How much ps did you use?

Lisa

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 1:19pm
post #3 of 8

I add a pinch of salt to my bc to cut a little of the sweetness. Would that work in whipped cream?

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 8

I think your best bet is to get more whipping cream, whip it without sugar and blend the two batches together. If you can't get more cream then I would just go with what you have. It can't taste too terrible can it? Good luck!

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 1:52pm
post #5 of 8

go next door and see if anyone has any that live close to you....or call someone to bring you some

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 1:59pm
post #6 of 8

It's probably too late now, but your options are to add some salt &/or a bit of lemon juice. It's probably not as sweet as you think and will be just fine icon_smile.gif

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 9:11pm
post #7 of 8

wouldn't lemon juice make cream curdle? or does that rule change if you whip it first? I've never added that to whipped cream and you have peaked my interest.

saracupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saracupcake Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 9:26pm
post #8 of 8

Is it going to be served chilled, if it is it will taste less sweet, things taste sweeter at room temperature. If it is going to be servered chilled pop in in the freezer for 10mins and try it again you might get away with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%