Cream Cheese Icing

Decorating By klewisdas Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 4:01am by FLOWERGEL

klewisdas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klewisdas Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 3:55am
post #1 of 8

I have a request for an over the hill style carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Can I color cream cheese icing? will it hold up? anything I need to know before I get started?

7 replies
smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:07am
post #2 of 8

Yes you can color it. I use it just like BC, but it is harder to work with and get smooth in my own experiences.

Stephanie

carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:19am
post #3 of 8

Does anyone has a good cream cheese frosting recipe?

I love cream cheese icing! the recipe I use has great flavor but it is always too thin for piping. It would be great if it was thicker and perhaps had a whipped texture.

carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:20am
post #4 of 8

Oh yeah...
I have never colored cream cheese icing for fear that it will turn even thinner than what it already was...

abruntz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abruntz Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:25am
post #5 of 8

http://www.earlenescakes.com/index1.htm
If you go here and look under recipes there is a wonderful recipe for cream cheese BC icing. Its really nice to work with I used it on the cake below I was having a very hard time finding a cream cheese for my wedding cakes and alot of people these days seem to prefer the cream cheese over regular buttercream I used to cringe and now I am like cream cheese great lets do cream cheese. LOL. Ok but heres a hint ok what i do with the icing is put a pretty thick crumb coat put the cake in the fridge and wait about a 1/2 hour and take it out and put one more coat. Wait about 15 minutes on the counter then smooth it the Melvira method.

abruntz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abruntz Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:27am
post #6 of 8

Sorry I don't know how to post my picture here icon_sad.gif but you can look in my profile its the one with the RL on it.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 6:50pm
post #7 of 8
FLOWERGEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FLOWERGEL Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 4:01am
post #8 of 8

hello everyone
i new at this and i dont know what cream cheese frosting is but check out my chesse cake i put writing with the same mixture of the cc before puting it in the stove
thank u
this was my first cc
thank u
flowergel

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%