Ganache Recipe

Decorating By bubba01 Updated 12 Jan 2009 , 12:19am by hammer1

bubba01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubba01 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 2:13am
post #1 of 5

Hello! Does anyone have a good ganache recipe that does not require refridgeration?

4 replies
smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:30am
post #2 of 5

Ganache does not have to be refrigerated due to the sugar content. There are lots of recipes on CC. You do have to refrigerate it to set it up though if you are using it for a filling, unless you are going to use it poured. Just be careful if it is hot as the ganache will get soft.

Stephaine

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 5

Hi, the ganache I make is 1:2 ratio. If you use 200ml of cream, add 400g of chocolate. icon_smile.gif

Here is another great tutorial about covering a cake with ganache.

http://daisylanecakes.blogspot.com/search/label/ganache

HTH.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 12:17am
post #4 of 5

i love ganache, my cake of the season has been pumpkin pie spice with pumpkin pie spice bettercream filling with buttercream frosting covered in chocolate ganace....im doing one right now.....we did a coconut cake with coconut riches cream with white chocolate buttercream covered in white chocolate ganche yesterday...it too was tasty, the best coconut cake i have made....we use 3/4 c whipping cream to 8 oz chocolate...if you are pouring just heat the milk to simmer, remove from heat add the chocolate and let it sit...we let it sit while we ice the cake...by the time we have smoothed, we wisk the ganache and pour...i did notice that the white chocolate needed to have more white chocolate than semi sweet chocolate...don't try white candy coating, i made that mistake and it went into the trash....good luck...love love love ganache for the taste the the totally smooth, shiny finish.]
hammer1

ps...we just poured the leftover ganache into our great tasting buttercream to make chocolate or white chocolate buttercream...you can also whip the leftover ganache in a bowl set in ice and it will whip up stiff and you will be able to do deocrations and borders with it.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 12:19am
post #5 of 5

i forgot to answer your question, once the ganache has set, you can let it sit at room temp, as long as the room isn't super hot.
i have a ganached birthday cake in my photos if you want to look.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%