Ladybug Cake Help

Decorating By maude Updated 13 Jan 2009 , 3:51pm by suz3

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 1:43am
post #1 of 8

What is the best thing to use for antennea on the ladybug. I wa thinking gumpaste, will that work?

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 1:52am
post #2 of 8

Sure, so will dry spaghettiicon_smile.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 8

if u stick the GP antannae down into BC and cake, they might soften and break, so i would suggest fondant.

imanah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imanah Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 8

you could also stick a toothpick in the gumpaste antena and stick it in the head that way for added support

Denae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denae Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 8

i made mine with those cookie sticks.. i made them out of fondant and stuck the stick through the antennas an let them dry for a few days. then i stuck the stick in the ladybug.
LL

Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 8

I used a wire tie thingy like on the bread bags and covered it with fondant. Just bend it to the shape you want, let it dry and then insert in the head. I have a ladybug cake in my photos if you want to check it out.

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:53pm
post #7 of 8

I used the red twizzlers. (Couldn't find the black ones) You can see the ladybug cake in my picutures. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1291616

It's hard to see them in the large ladybug, but you can see them in the cupcakes and ladybug oreos. HTH.

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 3:51pm
post #8 of 8

I used a combo of fondant and gumpaste. I let them dry really well and they worked great. Sorry I don't have a pix to post.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%