Those Scammers And Their Strawberry Cakes...

Business By costumeczar Updated 11 Jan 2009 , 2:11pm by marmalade1687

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 1:19am
post #1 of 6

Why is it that the scammers always want a strawberry cake? In the past two days I've received the happy married life scam email and another one for a cake to be shipped to Toronto in a refrigerated truck. They always want strawberry cake, I just think it's interesting they'd choose that all the time.

5 replies
smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:35am
post #2 of 6

What a disgrace to such a yummy cake! I love my strawberry cakes!

Stephanie

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:46am
post #3 of 6

Maybe strawberry cake is a popular dessert in Nigeria. icon_wink.gif

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 4:56am
post #4 of 6

Cake Scammers? Didn't know they exsisted. How sad that people would take advantage of such a wonderful thing. I have had several orders (real orders) for strawberry cake, which I am not to fond of personally, but never a false order. I hope you knew it was a scam up front & did not get screwd over.

Off subject. I work in the aftermarket automotive industry (say that 3 times fast icon_lol.gif ) & I have more than once gotten (very obvious) bogus orders. What I find interesting is that they always use that phone assist service where a relay operator talks to you, supposedly because the person on the other phone is deaf or something? Then they want my work email so they can communicate directly with me, no problem there, and then they always request an order of 10 or more of the exact same part & they want it shipped out of state. I have (thankfully) never fallen prey to these people. I always tell them that I must FIRST have a faxed, legible, photo copy of the credit card the intend to use, front & back, and a legible copy of their US drivers license, AND they have to hand write a letter on the same page authorizing me to use the card for the specific purchase without either the person or the card being present. This kills them every time.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 5:01am
post #5 of 6

Interesting, I think I got one last year that was strawberry, too. Funny thing is, I have never, I don't think, gotten a REAL order for strawberry cake! Filling, but not cake.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 2:11pm
post #6 of 6

Ha Ha!! Up here (near Toronto), they want their strawberry cake with Happy Married Life shipped to Texas! icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%