Ices Members?

Decorating By majormichel Updated 12 Jan 2009 , 3:00am by Sweet_Guys

majormichel Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 12:42am
post #1 of 4

I am thinking about signing up, but was unsure what ICES is all about? As a member do you go to workshop, enter competitions, etc. From your experience how is ICES, and would you recomment it to me.

What is your views?

3 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 2:15am
post #2 of 4

ICES is a great way to find out about instructors, classes, etc. The color magazine that they send out is wonderful and well worth the price of membership.

Membership allows you to take classes and attend the annual convention at a reduced fee. If you're not a member, the upcharge for attending is a lot more than the cost of membership.

I consider it sort of being a "member of the union". icon_lol.gif

Rae

JenniferMI Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 2:18pm
post #3 of 4

I love ICES! I feel it has helped me elevate my skills 10 fold. Some states have what are called DOS or WOS (days or weekends) of sharing. Our Michigan group gets together twice a year and has demos and ful stuff like that. The main ICES convention is held each summer in a different location in the US. I HIGHLY recommend trying to go if you become a member. It can be a little expensive, but if you plan for it and possibly have several gals in your room, it's not so bad.

If you have any questions, I'm happy to try and help you.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Sweet_Guys Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 3:00am
post #4 of 4

We joined ICES when it was hosted in our backyard this summer. We met some great people, we took some incredible classes with Kerry Vincent, Norman Davis, Zane Beg, Autumn Carpenter, Jill Maythem, and more. Each day was more and more incredible! We're planning to go to Chicago this summer for convention.

Paul & Peter

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%