Idea 4 Adoption Baby Cake?

Decorating By mommy2kids Updated 11 Jan 2009 , 3:20pm by mommy2kids

mommy2kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2kids Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 8

Help! Any ideas for a great baby shower cake for an adopted baby? Please let me know what you have. Thanks!

7 replies
bellabiaggio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellabiaggio Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 8

I think that anything that you would do for a traditional baby shower with biological parents would be appropriate. If you know if its a boy or girl, base the colors off of that or the invitation. If you want to tailor it to the child and they are from a different country, maybe incorporate something from there, possibly the flavors or the accent decorative pieces?

ladybug76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug76 Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 8

I agree.... I made a traditional baby shower cake for a co-worker adopting a little girl from Guatamala.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1268823.html

After months of paperwork and waiting, she is finally home with her new family!!

~ Jaime

mommy2kids Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for your help! Keep the ideas coming. They are christian, so I would like to incorporate that and also the baby is a couple weeks old and a boy. I want to make a really special cake for my friend. Thanks again!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 10:54pm
post #5 of 8

Hi, here is a beautiful cake that one of our fellow CC member eilers did, for a christening for two adopted children. I hope you can get some idea from this. icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1208132

mommy2kids Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 2:14am
post #6 of 8

Thank you for your ideas! They all sound really good... icon_smile.gif

klewisdas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klewisdas Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 3:48am
post #7 of 8

how about a stork and baby cake. Or...being christians, what about doing a theme cake. You could do a cake with the story of moses in the basket. Good luck.

mommy2kids Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 3:20pm
post #8 of 8

Haaaa thats interesting, I love that idea about the moses cake, lets see how I would pull that one off, it was a little miracle. In 3 months time she had that little one, just kinda fell into her arms so to speak. I am gonna run that by her.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%