Your Input Is Needed

Decorating By psurrette Updated 11 Jan 2009 , 2:31pm by JenniferMI

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 5

I have a customer that would like 7 purse cakes ( that's one per table for a bridal shower) She doesn't care on designs I can do what I want. I have never done a purse but I am sure I can. I just dont know what to tell her for a price........ they only need to feed 10 guests per cake.
Any thoughts and input would be helpful
Thank you
Paula

4 replies
lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 4:22pm
post #2 of 5

How much do you usually charge per slice? Then you have to add for fondant, extra detail, etc. They are not that hard to make but have a lot of details. I charge 2.50 a serving and add 12 for fondant. So thats 37.00. HTH The one in my photos is a smaller version of the one from Confetti Cakes. Everyone loved it.

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 5

I usually charge 3.00 per serving then additional charges for embelllishments.

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 5

So thats at least 30 each cake, but is that your price for buttercream, or is that price for fondant? This is also a sculpted cake, torted. Mine was 3 layers torted to 6. Design ellements can be involved when doing a handle, zipper, stiching.I probably go at least 220. and thats a very low price. Can't wail to see the pics.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 2:31pm
post #5 of 5

Whatever you wind up doing, just don't undersell yourself. You have to figure how fast you can do ONE, then go from there. Judging the time involved can be the hardest thing....

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%