Can You Bake In A

Decorating By grannys3angels Updated 10 Jan 2009 , 8:15pm by grannys3angels

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 10:14am
post #1 of 9

stainless steel bowl? Sorry if this has been ask before. I tried doing a search in the forums, but didn't have any luck finding anything.

The type of bowl I am speaking of is like the type you might see on a salad bar, that will have lettuce in it. Some may say "stainless steel salad bowl" or "big stainless mixing bowl".

I was just wondering (of all things to be wondering at 5 a.m. lol) if they could be used to bake a cake in or not. DH told me to try it and see, but I'm scare I might mess up my bowl or worst my oven. Thanks!

God Bless,
Sharon

8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 9

Certainlyicon_smile.gif Been there, done that........no problems.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 9

Yep, you sure can!

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 9

I do it quite a bit actually and I'm always surprised at how long it takes. I'm sure I must be burning the edges and worry the whole 2nd half of baking, icon_biggrin.gif in the end it always turns out great! icon_smile.gif

grannys3angels Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 9

THANK YOU! everyone for replying. I just wasn't sure and didn't want to mess anything up.

I am greatful that you all took the time to read and answer my question thumbs_up.gif and also very happy to hear that it will work icon_biggrin.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 7:35pm
post #6 of 9

I put a flower nail down in the bottom before pouring in the batter, and bake at 325. It takes quite a while, as others have said.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 7:46pm
post #7 of 9

Sure you can!! I did yous to try it last night, just make sure it is stailess stell bowl, I used a flower nail too. and it bake really nice it took a little longer but it was fine. thumbs_up.gif

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 7:46pm
post #8 of 9

Sure you can!! I did yous to try it last night, just make sure it is stailess stell bowl, I used a flower nail too. and it bake really nice it took a little longer but it was fine. thumbs_up.gif

grannys3angels Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 8:15pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks everyone, I don't really think I would have though (duh moment for me) of the flower nail, if you all wouldn't have said it. I always bake my cakes at 325 so that works out great for me, I'm used to baking at that temp.

Thanks again everyone for all the helpful info!
God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%