What To Put Cookie Wands In

Baking By MahalKita Updated 12 Jan 2009 , 6:12am by MahalKita

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 2:38am
post #1 of 7

Next week I am making cookie wands for a birthday party. I am doing them as a favor for my 4 year old daughter's friend so I am not being paid. I don't want to put them upside down in a basket to display them so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Since I am not being paid for them I don't want to spend a lot of money on the display but I want it to look nice.

Thanks for any ideas in advance. icon_smile.gif

6 replies
yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 7

Have you checked your local dollar or discount store for a cute container? Around this time of year it is a great time to pick up some for very little $$ as everything is on clearance.

Cookie45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie45 Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 7

What about a tall rather heavy vase that can support the sticks, then adding a full bunch (or 2 or 3) of curly ribbon attached to shorter separate sticks to slip into the vase so that it looks like a "flower" arrangement. Just a thought. Good luck

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 5:04pm
post #4 of 7

I did a display of cookies of a stick for a 1st bday for a friend. Wrapped each in the cello bags and tied with cute ribbon. Then got a large kids sand bucket put a bag of marbles and then a chunk of floral foam(all from dollar store) this way it was not top heavy and I just stuck all the sticks in the foam. It was cute. Just yesterday a guest from that party called to order one. That's why I remembered it when I saw your post. HTH

likes_2_create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
likes_2_create Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 5:17am
post #5 of 7

What is a cookie wand? Does anyone have any pictures?

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by likes_2_create

What is a cookie wand? Does anyone have any pictures?

A cookie on a stick, like a lollipop stick! Some use thinner dowels or craft sticks! Good Luck HTH!

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 6:12am
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone!!! I am gonna check out my $store tomorrow. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%