Glass Bottles For Vanilla

Decorating By tperks Updated 11 Jan 2009 , 7:32am by SugarFrosted

tperks Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 1:42am
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know where I can purchase amber glass bottles for vanilla. I am going to try and make my own vanilla, but I can't find any containers to put it in. I would like to have nice amber colored glass bottles in case I decide to give them as gifts. Any ideas? I tried hobby lobby....nothing (that I could find). Thanks for your help.

6 replies
jovigirl Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 1:58am
post #2 of 7

I made homemade Kaluah for this past Christmas (a recipe from this site) & had a hard time finding bottles to put them in... finally I went to this store (Benix) that sells stuff for the home mainly stuff for the kitchen & found and oil & vinegar bottle set 2 bottles for $5.00 (cad) I liked these bottles because they actually had a spout to control how much it pours & it also has a sml lid you have to take off to pour. so it's covered at all times. The bottle were clear glass not amber, but i was happy to find them...
You may want to check online...

Doug Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 1:59am
post #3 of 7

here's a great online site for all types of bottles and other fun stuff.

ibmoser Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 7

You can also check out
for bottles and containers

KathyTW Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 7

I always look at my local health food store before anywhere'd be surprised at how many different things they have for homemade type stuff.

evasmama Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 5:47am
post #6 of 7

Try a local restaurant supply store, or a brewing supply.

SugarFrosted Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 7:32am
post #7 of 7

One year for Christmas I made homemade Kahlua as a gift and put it into amber Grolsch beer bottles, the kind with the bale and ceramic stopper. I told everyone to whom I gave a bottle, they had to return the bottle if they wanted more, because the bottles are scarce. So they always returned them to me. Grolsch comes in green bottles these days. I've never considered making my own vanilla, but what a very good idea. I still have those bottles. Thanks for reminding me. At the very least I could make kahlua or other homemade liqueurs like amaretto (almond) or grand marnier (orange).

Here's a link to some liqueur recipes:

I also found a nice homemade Vanilla Extract tutorial:

Quote by @%username% on %date%