New Store In Hampstead, Md

Decorating By Price Updated 10 Jan 2009 , 1:49pm by Price

Price Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 4

For those of you in MD, and South Central PA, I just thought you might like to know a new Cake and Candy Supply Store opened in Hampstead, MD today. I stopped in to see what they are carrying. She had some gumpaste flowers, and ready made decorations. gum paste loops for bows, etc. She had Merkins Chocolate and 2lb containers of white Satin Ice.

She is very interested in knowing what people would like her to carry and if possible she will stock it or order it.

She is planning to offer classes! Currently she has a sign up sheet for Beginner classes, but is also open to offering more advanced classes.

The name of the business is "Sugar Shack". I didn't get a phone #, but she is on Main Street. I really hope she can get the business going. We could use a good supply store in our area!

3 replies
sugaah Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 4

can you give me directions to the new store to plug into my GPS system. I'll be in that area in a couple of weeks and would be interested in checking it out. Thanks

ladybug76 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 4

I live between Gettysburg & Harrisburg so I definitely would love to MapQuest the area to see how far from me!!
Do you know if she has a website yet?
Thanks for the info!!! thumbs_up.gif
THanks, Jaime

Price Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 4

I don't know the street number for "Sugar Shack", but it is next to Town Pride Interiors (a flooring store). Their address is 1214 N. Main Street, Hampstead MD. 21074. The store front is white and has a pink sign above the door.

To my knowledge she doesn't have a website yet. Because the store is brand new, she doesn't have alot of the unusual things yet, but I think if she gets enough support from the Cake and Candy Community, it could really be a good supply resource for us.

I'm hoping there will be enough people interested in classes to get some good gumpaste and fondant classes going.

The owners name is Jennifer. When I talked to her yesterday she was very receptive and open to suggestions and ideas, she definitely wants to know what type of products we are looking for and would want to see in the store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%