Sugar Cookie Dough

Baking By MyTTy Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 11:06pm by TracyLH

MyTTy Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 4

Is there any easier way to roll out sugar cookie dough. I seem to struggle to obtain an even thickness to my cookies. I thought about purchasing a pasta maker but am not sure if it is just another kitchen tool to take up space.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3 replies
DsLady614 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 4

There are several ways that people use. I know some people put rubber bands on each end of their rolling pin to keep it off the counter the correct height.

I bought a square metal rod, 1/4" thick and had hubby cut into two pieces a little over a foot long. I put them down where the ends of my rolling pin will be, then roll the dough between them As long as you keep the pin on those blocks... you can't get uneven. Hope that makes sense.

shiney Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 4

Have a look at the doboard thread here in the cookie forum, that may be something you're looking for.

TracyLH Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 11:06pm
post #4 of 4

I use the bands like the ones that you can get at Michael's in the Wilton area (40% coupons are a good thing!). You slip them on your rolling pin, making sure they will fit first! If not, you can use another 40% coupon on another week to get their long, white rolling pin. Not cheap though, so it depends on how often you will use it.

Vstar-pilot has a great suggestion that I know has worked for others very well and is a lot cheaper. I have also heard of it being done with wood with great results.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%