Flames On A Cake

Decorating By Jeaucl Updated 10 Jan 2009 , 12:22am by kakeladi

Jeaucl Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 3

This weekend we are doing a cake for a firefighter. We are going to make a round cake with the maltese cross on top and we want to have flames going up the side. I figured we would use fondant and I have seen a couple cakes in the galleries that have something like I want to create. I was wondering if anyone had tried to do this? Does anyone have any tips or hints? Any help would be great.

2 replies
vonnie99 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 3

I'm glad you ask this question because I am about to make a "Fist of Rock" cake and want to do flames around the sides. I was going to use red fondant as a background color and then place orange fondant over it to give the "flame" more dimension. I was just planning to cut the flame shapes free hand, but if anyone has a good template I'd love to use one instead.

kakeladi Posted 10 Jan 2009 , 12:22am
post #3 of 3

Sure have done iticon_smile.gif It's easy to cut your fondant, roll it up and unroll it against the cake. If the cake is iced in b'cream it will stick. If it is fondant, then you have to put something like b'cream or piping gel or a bit of water sprayed on for the flames to stick to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%